Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriDot coaching?
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I just accepted a free trial offer for TriDot and was wondering if anyone had an opinion about their services and effectiveness. i saw some older posts from 2-3 years ago, but a lot can change in that time. I'm not sure its something i'd do at this point because i'm not willing to refinance my house or take on an additional expense if i can do something a little (or a lot) cheaper. Just want to get some insight because i dont want to waste their (or my) time on this.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: TriDot coaching? [Gskalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got accepted also. I'm going to give this off-season a shot and see how I like it. I don't have any major races next year where I will use a coach but I like to see different philosophies on affordable coaching.

It seems tridot is algorithm based so after a quick consult about your sched, etc I thinks it's all computer generated so that won't really be a waste of time. If they get a few clients out of it, I'm sure it will have been worth it for them.

Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?

Matt
Race-Ready Endurance Training
Team BIKEWAY.com
NYPD Racing
Quote Reply
Re: TriDot coaching? [TriMatt18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMatt18 wrote:
I got accepted also. I'm going to give this off-season a shot and see how I like it. I don't have any major races next year where I will use a coach but I like to see different philosophies on affordable coaching.

It seems tridot is algorithm based so after a quick consult about your sched, etc I thinks it's all computer generated so that won't really be a waste of time. If they get a few clients out of it, I'm sure it will have been worth it for them.

Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?

i'm thinking exactly the same way. a little offseason structure couldnt hurt. i got it postponed until "flight 3" which is in january. my body needs a bit of time to heal up from Ironman in august still and i want to get through the holidays without intensity. focus will be on burning off calories and keeping fit vs gearing up for a race... my "A" race isnt until mid sept. i have time.
Quote Reply
Re: TriDot coaching? [Gskalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, did you guys try them? How did it go?
Quote Reply
Re: TriDot coaching? [Faghihifar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am just starting my second season with TriDot. I started with the Preseason Project at the end of 2016 and continued at first with a basic subscription which gave you about an hour with a coach per month. Halfway through the season I upped my subscription to a full coach as I liked the results. It also helped that I enjoy working with my coach.

The technology is good for planning out your workouts and keeps pushing you so that you don't have to recalculate your planned TSS to be sure you are building fitness. I work 40 - 60 hours a week and travel quite a bit, so having this done for me is worth a lot of expense. It does not calculate in rest days unless you tell it a precise day you want to take off. Therefore, beware, you can work yourself into the ground.

I have found the algorithms to be reasonable but gaps have shown up between my power and heart rate and running pace and heart rate. In other words, my threshold numbers are not aligning with my heart rate. We have had to manually adjust my power so that my heart rate remains high and I continue to build. After the manual adjustment, the algorithms tend to catch up after the next assessment workout when I am able to get my threshold numbers to align again. I have pointed out this problem several times to them and they say it is why adding a coach is a good thing to do because the computer can't do it all.

I found their race predictor for pacing and finish times to be very good for my results last year.

I highly recommend TriDot if you are time strapped and willing to pay for a coach. The computer / coach dynamic is worth a lot to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the preseason stuff for about a week. I'm sure the training is sound, but their tech doesn't integrate with anything I use, and I don't have time to be rebuilding workouts in TrainerRoad/Training Peaks/Garmin Connect. I opted to just buy a plan with structured workouts in Training Peaks and go that route.
Quote Reply
Re: TriDot coaching? [Jayjuno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! How much is per month?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.tridot.com/test drive

Full pricing chart
Quote Reply
Re: TriDot coaching? [Jayjuno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply