Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]

You didn't miss it. I've been waiting for a third party statement that will be included in the release. Everything should be published today or tomorrow. If you have specific questions, you may always email me. Sorry for any inconvenience the delay has caused you.

--
TriRig.com

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [TriRig] [ In reply to ]

Got it. Good to know. Will look out for it.

"One Line Robert"

re: brakes, it is reassuring to hear the Omegas are safe, but to reassure people even more, is there an upgrade path to the machined Omega X? Despite the reassurance that they are safe I can't pretend to be not nervous after seeing the photos in this thread. I know I shouldn't be and it is about risk %. Still can't help being a bit nervous, particularly about front brake. I have a pair and they work better than the brakes that came with the bike.

Thanks, eerke

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [Eerke] [ In reply to ]

FWIW,

after having seen the photos earlier in the thread I have removed both Omega brakes and inspected them with a magnifying glass. I can see no evidence of any fracture lines of deformity.

In a bit disappointed in how well the paint is stuck to the aluminium, but that is just cosmetic. I will be swapping front and back, as the front looks worse and will periodically be removing them to clean and inspect, but am happy with what I found.

Hey Nick,

Do you know if the Omega SV's are safe to ride?

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]

brianwchan wrote:
Hey Nick,

Yes, I'd like to know too.

Mike

Nick,

Help me understand the safety record of the original cast Omega. How many have been replaced? What percentage of your those sold does that represent?

I have had on the lever arm on an original Omega replaced because 1 of them broke on a ride. You were very prompt in your response quick to replace that broken lever arm.

However, seeing that this isn't an isolated situation, I am concerned about the safety of my brakes.

Suffer Well.

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]

brianwchan wrote:
Hey Nick,

Hi guys,

As stated in the open letter, our legacy products are safe to ride. This includes the Omega SV. If you have a concern about a particular item you have, or a general question, please email directly to support@tririg.com.

--
TriRig.com

wsrobert wrote:
  • Alpha X - extensions slip when properly torqued (again, this is all I've heard around the X but from comments here, it seems theres more issues)

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this Alpha X problem. It was the 2nd purchase I made from TriRig. My first ended in a very poor exchange with Nick after a problems with an Omega SV. I gave TriRig another try with the Alpha X purchase and after having problems with the extensions slipping I just didn't feel like dealing with him to address it. Now, with the new focus on customer service maybe I will.

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]

just my personal experience:
been road racing and racing tris for more than 26 years now, had seen riding buddies or myself go down as our bars/frames/stems/fork/wheels/seatposts/seats/brakes/chains/chainrings/derailleurs/cranks/pedals snapped:
- close friend cracked his TREK carbon frame more than 5 times
- riding buddy of mine snapped his SEVEN Titanium frame in half in a sprint
- my EASTON carbon fork snapped on a high speed descent
- Good friend cracked 2 LOOK frames in same year
- The tube above the rear derailleur on my AL Cannondale frame snapped
and the list goes on and on...

2 points I want to make here:
- product can fail, even from well known companies
- every single time*, the 1st question from the cie was: "did u follow the user's manual to the letter". Never did they inquire about the rider's health...
* except for TREK, after the 3rd Frame, they just gave him a new frame no Q asked...

I don't get insulted when I receive those kind of questions, why would I? it's just SOP..

Cie: "did u follow the manual?"
Client: "yes" (event though we never read them)
Cie: "ok, then there's a problem with my product and/or manual, so let's fix this so it won't happen again..."
win/win situation

this applies to this case:
client: "hey Nick, broke my beta!"
Tririg: "did u plug the holes like in the manual?"
client:"well...no, didn't know that, pix on the website is misleading.."
Tririg: "Ok, will make the instructions more visible, maybe put up some new pix on the website and make the product stronger (iron vs Al), will send the improved product to existing customers.."
=> from existing to future customers, EVERY ONE WIN (not just the OP and tririg)

This is how any business progresses (we make errors, we use clients feedback and learn from there to improve our services and products

I'm a chief purser for an international airline so I deal with thousands of different clients a month, and some comments on this thread reflects exactly what I deal with on a daily basis: On a 300 passengers flight, you'll have 1 or 2 unhappy clients (not saying they are not right to complain) that will tell every single one person they meet how crappy your airline is, and 298 PAX that are super happy with your service but will tell 1 or 2 people only, if any...

So will conclude with this:
I had some omega breaks for some time now, very happy with them, great product and yes, I had great interaction with tririg back then..
I'm interested in the OMNI and inquired about it on FB, Nick's responses were quick and courteous, and he was very open about the product... So yes,i'll say it I AM A HAPPY TRIRIG CUSTOMER

Nick has his fault, he acknowledged them in the open letter (it takes courage to do that), so I say give the guy a break, u don't like him or his product, don't buy from him... it looks like some here are on a mission to destroy the guy or his company, why not try and help him make his service/products better instead?
Last edited by: Moetai: Feb 16, 17 11:10

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [jmh] [ In reply to ]

I didn't follow this thread last fall, but now that it has been bumped I want to add my experience. I was an early adopter of the original Omega's. The front one failed (snapped) after a few thousand miles. It snapped in a different spot than the photos on the previous page, near the brake adjusting screw, but the result was the same: total loss of braking in that brake. Thankfully I was going slowly at the time and on a flat road, so no big deal. I replaced mine with Omega X's. Obviously, none of us have all the data on these failures, but I wanted to post because, given my own experience and the info here, I would consider the original Omega's to be a failure risk. I personally would not ride them as a front brake.

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [ In reply to ]

Perhaps I missed this last fall:

How did 2 riders crash when a water bottle mount fail? Did one run over the bottle and the other ran over him? Something else?

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [Moetai] [ In reply to ]

Thanks for the diatribe in reply to my post. I'll excuse your ignorance since your only experience with TriRig was positive. Unfortunately, the dialogue with Nick (at least what I experienced) was not at all similar to your theoretical exchange. Your fictional account is just that.

The irony is just last evening I made another purchase from TriRig. I love the Alpha X bars (sans the extension slipping) and just ordered the tilt kit is advance of my A2 visit. I will compare their aerodynamics against the Enve SES Aero Bars. Results forthcoming.

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]

@Xing Triathlete:
I'm new to ST and my (very 1st post) wasn't addressed to u specifically, sorry if u felt that way. U were just the last post on the thread and I just pressed "reply"...my bad, will learn from that and check how to just post a comment relative to the whole thread (I guess u just reply to the OP correct?)
what's fictional about my account?

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [Moetai] [ In reply to ]

i think this thread has served its usefulness. by all means if anybody wants to talk about tririg, commence a new thread. just, i think it's time to bury this one. i'm not removing it, just locking it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next