Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Specialized Roval CLX 64 Aero Wheelset with Ceramic Speed Bearings *** $1500 ***
Quote | Reply
FS:

I have a set of Specialized Roval CLX 64s Clincher with Ceramic Speed Bearings and Silca Rim Tape. Great wheels especially for anyone that struggles to get tires on to rims!!!! These wheels are definitely the most forgiving wide-rim wheel when it comes to tires. In fact about the same if not even easier than Zipp Firecrests.
They are awesome wheels at and nearly 21mm wide, they provide an unmatched ride quality that allows you to run super lower tire pressure. They come with Ceramic Speed bearings by default. The front weighs in less than 700 grams (actual weight) for 64mm deep.
For those that have trouble changing tires with the new tubeless type beds from Enve, HED, etc, these are a dream and are as easy as I have experienced in a tubeless ready setup. FWIW I have direct experience with changing tires on Enve 7.8 SES and HED JET+, Zipp Firecrest, Zipp NSW
Each wheel is setup for use with latex tubes with Silca Rim Tape. Slica Rim Tape is very similar to Stans Rim Tape but thinning and stronger. You of course can run slower butyl tubes, but you can't run butyl tubes with the stock cloth rim tape as that is a big part of what causes people to flat on latex tubes.
There is a scratch on one side. I purchased these wheels with that scratch. I purchased them with the intention of using the rear to create a very light rear disc in conjunction with a Catalyst cover but unfortunately Catalyst went out of business. They have one race plus another 200 miles
Tires, tubes, and cassette are not included in purchase

$1600 + Shipping.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Nov 6, 16 7:11
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Roval CLX 64 Aero Wheelset with Ceramic Speed Bearings *** $1600 *** [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.raltech.co.uk/Prod_3-Wh-Cov.html

*way* better than the Catalyst option, in case you want to keep them given that there are a few other options available. This uses one extremely thin, extremely light, perfectly molded layer of CF. It's awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Roval CLX 64 Aero Wheelset with Ceramic Speed Bearings *** $1600 *** [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I have seen them and there is another outfit that makes them in Australia. Part of it was Catalyst was a sponsor of mine so I wanted to do something to further highlight their product. I have been using the HED Jet Black Disc. It is a little heavy but it is the same width internal as the Roval.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Roval CLX 64 Aero Wheelset with Ceramic Speed Bearings *** $1500 *** [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Specialized Roval CLX 64 Aero Wheelset with Ceramic Speed Bearings *** $1500 *** [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump these. They were off the market as I used the front for Ironman Arizona so another 119 miles added. Was amazing as expected. Will be selling either this set or the Enve set I have up as well and then keeping the front wheel from either set.

Quote Reply