Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga WC Event Schedule
Quote | Reply
I know it's a way off but I'm trying to determine if I can pull off racing Chattanooga (I'm a woman) and then flying back early Sunday morning to make it to IMWI to cheer on good friends. Curious if the awards for the women will be on Saturday night/Sunday night/Monday? I know, I know, I'm getting ahead of myself even assuming I need to be worried about the awards but humor me. Looks like awards this year were on Monday but everyone raced on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga WC Event Schedule [snotrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That schedule hasn't been decided yet. I'd guess it will be worked out in the next six weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be nice to know some basics soon for hotel/ flight reservations. With all other races you can gleem checkin, bike drop, awards schedule from the previous year race schedule. Who knows with the 2 race days how all this will work out. I assume Thursday and Friday will be registration and Friday being bike drop for the ladies. Saturday post race and after lady bikes cleared then guys drop bikes?

I got my hotel fri-mon so I hope I'm covered and packet pickup isn't only Thursday.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga WC Event Schedule [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get a hotel? Everything close is showing booked but I think that has to do with IM blocking out rooms and we just have to wait until they post the info on the race website.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga WC Event Schedule [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at red roof inn suites last years IM and it worked out well. I'm driving from atl so the 10 mn drive to/ from transition wasn't an issue. It's pretty cheap for a suite, plenty of space for gear plus hard wood floors...I hate hotel carpet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Where did you get a hotel? Everything close is showing booked but I think that has to do with IM blocking out rooms and we just have to wait until they post the info on the race website.

Yeah I am curious about that as well as WTC reserved all the local hotels.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga WC Event Schedule [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, WTC doesn't reserve all the hotels. The host community might in an effort to control the pricing. Most city partners will block hotels at a specified rate that is often times less than what the hotel will offer on their own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't yet qualified, but hoping to at Eagleman. I'm thinking of hotel rooms and am thinking I'll reserve one. I'd be renting a car, so I guess it won't matter where I'll be - walking distance to transition probably isn't going to happen. Anyone local recommend an area around the city that would be easy? Will there be shuttles from some location or is there enough parking in the transition area?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga WC Event Schedule [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are plenty of hotels within a 15min drive of transition/expo/ packet pickup. Plenty of parking literally right next to it as there is a multilayered parking structure at waterfront for the aquarium. Also lots of street parking. I'll be at the Red Rook Inn suites, right off the freeway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
steve send me a PM i will let you know where I booked over the phone

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are either the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn (Hamilton Place) too far away?

If not ........... which one is nicer?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga WC Event Schedule [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We haven't been able to find any availability.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure they were HAMILTON PLACE?
These were a bit further off the beaten path ( which is why I wondered if they were too far).
I would be surprised if those were already booked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, ppl, abouts where should I look to book a hotel? I looked on the ironman site, but they don't have squat posted on there yet and i haven't done a race in that area.

I don't mind driving 10-15 if i have to.

thanks!
Quote Reply