Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga or Louisville
Quote | Reply
I am trying to decide on a race for next year. Has anybody done both these races and have any input on which they preferred and why? I would say I am a slow swimmer, an average biker, and do the best in the run.

Karen
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga or Louisville [gadgetlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gadgetlaw wrote:
I am trying to decide on a race for next year. Has anybody done both these races and have any input on which they preferred and why? I would say I am a slow swimmer, an average biker, and do the best in the run.

Karen

Here you go.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Chattanooga_vs._Louisville_P6070960/?search_string=louisville%20vs%20chattanooga#p6070960

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gadgetlaw wrote:

Karen

My preference is for Louisville, especially on the bike, the larger rollers give you more chances to get out of the saddle and stretch things out.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done both. Depends on whether your want to race to your strengths or weaknesses. Here is how the courses play out:

Swim:
Chatt: Faster swim. Point to Point all down stream with current. Never been wetsuit legal though (wetsuit optional). It has had some stupid fast swim times because of the current.

Ville: Wetsuit legal now that it is in Ocotober. 1/3 of the swim is up river against the current in a "protected" area with less current than the main channel.

Comparison: Water quality is better in Chatt being both cleaner and clearer. Both are time trial starts. Crowds are never really an issue with either. Generally Chatt is an easier and/or faster swim.

Bike:

Similar courses with a loop and some hills. Louisville has more total elevation changes and it is "choppier" with some of the sections not allowing you to carry speed into the next hill. Chatty flows much better and is a faster overall bike course. Chatty is 4.5 miles longer but still probably faster. Louisville bike course is more difficult even with the recent changes to the bike course.

Run:

No question the Chatty course is significantly more difficult than the Louisville. Louisville is flat. Chatty is not flat. There are significant hills on the back half of the loop at Chatty.
Quote Reply