Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Trivent or Sub6
Quote | Reply
Hi there, i do manly HIM, olys and some duathlons, usually put on my shoes before mounting the bike but thinking about changing my strategy and leaving them clipped on the bike. IĀ“ve got only some LG training shoes, not carbon sole so i will buy these new shoes almost only for races. IĀ“ve read that Thomas Gerlach replaced the Giro EmpireĀ“s laces for elastic laces with excellent results. So, giving this scenario what shoe would you choose?
Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent or Sub6 [larf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
larf wrote:
Hi there, i do manly HIM, olys and some duathlons, usually put on my shoes before mounting the bike but thinking about changing my strategy and leaving them clipped on the bike. IĀ“ve got only some LG training shoes, not carbon sole so i will buy these new shoes almost only for races. IĀ“ve read that Thomas Gerlach replaced the Giro EmpireĀ“s laces for elastic laces with excellent results. So, giving this scenario what shoe would you choose?
Thanks in advance!

Sub6

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you read some reviews on the sub6, it is known to be extremely difficult to put on, supposedly because of the design of the heel cup. Make sure you can at least take them back if you try them and find it too hard to put them on for triathlon.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent or Sub6 [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second this. The heel cup is way stiffer than previous versions of the Sworks shoes and makes it very difficult to put them on.

That said, I raced an IM in them and just unhooked the wires of the Boa's to put my foot in the shoe and then relooped the wire and cranked the boa's. I don't think I lost any time doing so either.

Other than the tough heel cup, the Sub6 is an awesome shoe.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent or Sub6 [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:
I second this. The heel cup is way stiffer than previous versions of the Sworks shoes and makes it very difficult to put them on.

That said, I raced an IM in them and just unhooked the wires of the Boa's to put my foot in the shoe and then relooped the wire and cranked the boa's. I don't think I lost any time doing so either.

Other than the tough heel cup, the Sub6 is an awesome shoe.

jake

The sub6 has no boa, it has laces, maybe got confused with the sworks 6. Is the heel the same?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes my mistake. I'm thinking of the Sworks 6. Which I believe still has the same heel cup as the Sub6 if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you for correcting me.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply