Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What kind of clearances do you need for your kids school ? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
We switched our son to public school this year. At the parents open house before the school year started they explained that except for two events that take place outside if you want to attend anything during school hours you need to get all the clearances a volunteer needs. Not needed for back to school night or parent teacher conferences. So in order to go see my son at the Halloween costume parade I need to:

1. Fill out volunteer info form/registration form
2. Have PA state criminal history clearance (free for volunteers)
3. PA child abuse clearance (free for volunteers)
5. FBI fingerprint clearance (not required if you have lived in state for past 10 years)
4. TB test
5. Turn in all approved clearances, forms to school and be photographed for ID badge.

If you are doing it to go and volunteer at events it's free except for TB test. If you are doing it to be able to go to see your kids at events it's an out of pocket expense.

Are public schools in other states this strict ?

Nothing needed at our public school. You buzz in, and sign in- but you could sign anything, so I am not sure of the purpose of that. Once I signed in as Elmer Fudd just to make a point. At our private school, parents are not ever invited in during the day. As a mom who works full time, I really like that policy. There are no stupid classroom parties to deal with.

Part of me wonders if the policy is in place because there is an issue they need to deal with. They can't just say- all parents can come except for Mr. Smith, the local pedophile parent- so they just apply the same policy to everyone.
Quote Reply

Prev Next