Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jack chick died
Quote | Reply
He was a delusional asshole who spread a lot of hate filled lies.

I used to collect his comics

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Jack chick died [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure he was sure he was going straight to heaven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Don't recall ever hearing of him. Had to look him up.

veganerd wrote:

I would not have told that.

You are now disqualified from all religion threads.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize who he was by name, but know his work. Funny thing, one of my favorite progressive theologians wrote a tract whose look was inspired by Chick, but Chick would have lost his mind over the message...the exact opposite of what Chick believed through his hardline beliefs, yet still Christian. It's awesome. I've linked it below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5QGR0BgTWI

veganerd wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Jack chick died [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:

Don't recall ever hearing of him. Had to look him up.

veganerd wrote:

I would not have told that.

You are now disqualified from all religion threads.

Why would having read and owning religious texts diqualify me from commenting on religion?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a piece of shit. I hope he isn't the reason you have such hate for religion.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I eat meat.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's like saying you collect Nazi propaganda, then wondering why people don't take you seriously in political discussions- after all, you just collect political writing, right?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just reading some of the garbage that quick google search provides, I'm left wondering why you would collect that. I serves no purpose. Now maybe you agreed on his negative views of the catholic church or something. I don't know. But like Vitus said, some people can't be taken seriously on things they collect. There was some comic book shop in Virginia Beach where I grew up. This dude had tons of Nazi memorabilia on display. Uniformed mannequins, pictures of dead jews, etc. He tried to say he was just a collector to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Jack chick died [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
It's like saying you collect Nazi propaganda, then wondering why people don't take you seriously in political discussions- after all, you just collect political writing, right?

Read what i said. Used to. As in no longer . It in more than 20 years ago in high school. You really want to dismiss an adults ideas becasue they collected ridiculous free comics in high school?

Even so, lets assume i collected them now. That has no bearing on the truth of claims or validity of criticism. Just as it doesnt for people who collect nazi artifacts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was a WWII history junkie in middle school, high school. I even read Mein Kamph (sp?). Not into Nazism now or even then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Read what i said. Used to. As in no longer . It in more than 20 years ago in high school. You really want to dismiss an adults ideas becasue they collected ridiculous free comics in high school?

Even so, lets assume i collected them now. That has no bearing on the truth of claims or validity of criticism. Just as it doesnt for people who collect nazi artifacts.

Bullshit you know you still have every last one of them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Why would having read and owning religious texts diqualify me from commenting on religion?

Because you have demonstrate unequivocally now that you lack the intellectual capacity for such discussion.

But I'm being sarcastic, and when you get it, you can rejoin.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Jack chick died [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
I was a WWII history junkie in middle school, high school. I even read Mein Kamph (sp?). Not into Nazism now or even then.

Yeah, ive read, the book of mormon and the koran. Never been into those things either.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you seriously comparing mein kampf with the Koran and Book of Mormon?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Depends, I guess, on how much I perceive the influence of those ridiculous comics on the adult. (Not that you specified that it was 20 years ago, either. And you're nitpicking the analogy anyway.)

Uh huh. Are there a lot of Nazi memorabilia collectors you take seriously on matters of politics?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Jack chick died [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Are you seriously comparing mein kampf with the Koran and Book of Mormon?

I have no idea how you made that leap. Also, im sure you meant equating, not comparing.

You can compare anything. Apples and oranges: Apples are usually redder than oranges, theyre less juicy, theyre somtimes more bitter. Thats comparing.

Equating means theyre equal.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Uh huh. Are there a lot of Nazi memorabilia collectors you take seriously on matters of politics?

I have no idea and neither do you.

Please explain how it would affect their knowledge and expertise on politics.

Lets expand this idea youre espousing. you must, to be consistent, also say that any museuem containing nazi collections must not be takn seriously. see how silly that would be?

Last edited by: veganerd: Oct 25, 16 10:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see how silly that would be?

Mostly, I see how silly you are.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Lets expand this idea youre espousing. you must, to be consistent, also say that any museuem containing nazi collections must not be takn seriously. see how silly that would be?

Personal collections are much much different than a museum collections.
Quote Reply
Re: Jack chick died [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
see how silly that would be?

Mostly, I see how silly you are.

Your dodge is quite obvious here.

Can you explain how owning a collection makes someone incapable of having knowledge or expertise in politics? How would that even work? What magical peoperties can items have that prevent knowlege by the person who owns them? If you can explain this, i see a nobel prize in your future.

Last edited by: veganerd: Oct 25, 16 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: Jack chick died [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Personal collections are much much different than a museum collections.

Are they? You do know that many museuem collections have items on loan from private collectors dont you?

Quote Reply