Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slice slammed stem?
Quote | Reply
Hi

Wondering if anyone has slammed the stem on their slice.

The dust cover the bike is spec'd with is 25 mm and then the cables are guided through another plastic cover that sits flush against the dust cover.

I am thinking about getting a Cobb 5 mm dust cover, but will need to dremel out the cable guide. Before I go to town, I was wondering if anyone has any better ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Slice slammed stem? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about a negative rise stem to get you to the same pad stack height without surgery on the bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:
Hi

Wondering if anyone has slammed the stem on their slice.

The dust cover the bike is spec'd with is 25 mm and then the cables are guided through another plastic cover that sits flush against the dust cover.

I am thinking about getting a Cobb 5 mm dust cover, but will need to dremel out the cable guide. Before I go to town, I was wondering if anyone has any better ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Look up pictures of Heather Jacksons bike. She runs/ran a slammed set up with no top cap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done exactly this.

I ordered from:
http://www.certifiedslammed.com

Install was a breeze. I pulled the cabling in a bar swap, and removed the "cable guide" thing behind the ridiculous top-cap. Access is with a small allen screw on the... bottom... inside the frame. Drop the fork out when you switch the cap and loosen the bolt. Comes right off. I think it was smaller than a 4mm and it needs to be a long wrench.

I could certainly see not wanting to pull all the cables, but I'd surely at least pull the screw out so that the cutting is quicker. Personally I'd pull the cables, but maybe that's just work.

I still have a 10mm spacer I can lose, and if I need lower it's going to have to be with an undermount extension.

Good luck and PM if questions.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Slice slammed stem? [Emma'sDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah go with certified slammed its a little more than the cobb ($7) but doesn't have that stupid logo all over it. Just plain.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike! I just received my new slice and love it. New saddle, cockpit and cranks and I'm happy....
Quote Reply