Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kane to Serve 10 - 23 Months
Quote | Reply
Unless Obama pardons her she should be out in under 2 years:

"The first woman elected Pennsylvania's top prosecutor has been sentenced to 10 to 23 months in jail for illegally disclosing details from a grand jury investigation to embarrass a rival and then lying about it under oath.

Former Attorney General Kathleen Kane was also sentenced Monday to eight years of probation. The judge told Kane her children were "collateral damages" of her own actions.

In the final year of her first term, the 50-year-old was convicted Aug. 15 of two felony charges of perjury and seven misdemeanor charges. She resigned the next day."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Kane to Serve 10 - 23 Months [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what happens when you get political outsiders, they don't have the Wasta to get away with it.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since 2000, PA has had more elected state officials serve time than any other state in the union, according to Wikipedia. Well at least we lead at something.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: Kane to Serve 10 - 23 Months [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
Since 2000, PA has had more elected state officials serve time than any other state in the union, according to Wikipedia. Well at least we lead at something.

Damn. I would have thought Illinois/Chicago would be number 1. Wrong again.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
ergopower wrote:

Damn. I would have thought Illinois/Chicago would be number 1. Wrong again.

Maybe it has more to do with being convicted/serving time and not actual corruption going on?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Kane to Serve 10 - 23 Months [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasta? Nice. Ah Salaama Alekkam, mi amigo.
Quote Reply
Re: Kane to Serve 10 - 23 Months [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Maybe it has more to do with being convicted/serving time and not actual corruption going on?
Ironically, the PA AG department has a pretty good track record over the years of going after corruption of state and federal elected officials. We also have some pretty good newspapers in the state that will dig into corruption issues.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply