Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swim at Ironman 70.3 Miami [SpeedConcept1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Melting Pot: I prefer to be a rookie and a respectful person to my fellow mates and not a bully.
And if you sou tough I will be waiting for you in IM Pucon 70.3. LetĀ“s see if you can handle it.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim at Ironman 70.3 Miami [SpeedConcept1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MeltingPot: I prefer to be a rookie and a respectufull person to my fellowates. Not a bully like you.
And if you are sou tough, IĀ“ll be waitung for you in Pucon IM 70.3, letĀ“s see if you can hande it.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim at Ironman 70.3 Miami [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
hey, everybody! on both sides. all sides. go back and read your comments!

i think we're all watching the pundit panels on CNN too much. in 2 weeks it'll all be over. then can we be friends again?

Agreed.

Quote | Reply
For reference, I was about 5mins back from my normal time i.e. 27 to 32 which based on the pros times seems about right, and my AG placing was where I expected.

I didn't wear a watch on the swim so only found out when the results came out, I hadn't noticed a current as I was too busy looking for jellyfish, though I did find the lines between buoys pretty clear despite going through the waves in front so makes sense that others were being pushed out clearing the way. I was quite happy as being a comparatively (to my bike/run) strong swimmer, the more time in the water the better, the swim is already relatively short and generally dumbed down (i.e. if we have waves it gets cancelled).
Quote Reply
Re: Swim at Ironman 70.3 Miami [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
rufo wrote:
My garmin measure 2.4 km in the water, there was a strong current between de the 2 a 3 buoys. The circuit felt a lot longer than last year.
I think it was not well measured, I asked 5 people of my team and all of them did between 15 and 30 minutes more than last year.
Is something that the organization has to review and make a comment. Because a lot of us gote disappointed and maybe we will not come back next year.

Please do us all a favor and don't come back. People like you and your friends are what's wrong with this sport.

And btw... last year, the swim was short. Why did you come back this year if the distance wasn't correct last year then?

I volunteered at the race and someone came up and asked if wetsuits were allowed. I told him they were, but mentioned that he'd have to start in the last wave so if he was worried about the swim cutoff he should just go in his wave, which was on the early side. He responded "f* no, I'm not worried about the cutoff. I just want to PR."

I don't get it...
Quote Reply

Prev Next