Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How does Ironman Assign Bib Numbers?
Quote | Reply
I'm racing IMAZ and see that bib numbers are posted. I'm looking at the numbers and noticed that most people in my age group are in the range of 2547 - 2777. But there are numbers in the 1400's, 1100's, 900's and some in the 400's. I know the pro get the lowest numbers, are the AWA athletes given lower numbers? 1400's for bronze, 1100's silver and 900's gold?
Does anyone know their coding system?
FYI yes I am scoping out the competition in my age group M45-49.
This will make it hard to tell who is in you age group on race day since they don't write your age on the calf anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How does Ironman Assign Bib Numbers? [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bifff wrote:
I'm racing IMAZ and see that bib numbers are posted. I'm looking at the numbers and noticed that most people in my age group are in the range of 2547 - 2777. But there are numbers in the 1400's, 1100's, 900's and some in the 400's. I know the pro get the lowest numbers, are the AWA athletes given lower numbers? 1400's for bronze, 1100's silver and 900's gold?
This will make it hard to tell who is in you age group on race day since they don't write your age on the calf anymore.

Pro's
AWA Gold (grouped in AG and alphabetically)
AWA Silver (grouped in AG and alphabetically)
AWA Bronze (grouped in AG and alphabetically)
The rest (grouped in AG and alphabetically)

With AWA numbers, it makes it impossible to track people based off numbers unless you have one hell of a memory at mile 21 of the marathon.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can pay the WTC extra money to get whatever bib number you desire through their all-american cash program

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: How does Ironman Assign Bib Numbers? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Pro's
AWA Gold (grouped in AG and alphabetically)
AWA Silver (grouped in AG and alphabetically)
AWA Bronze (grouped in AG and alphabetically)
The rest (grouped in AG and alphabetically)

Plus, between the Pros and Gold athletes there are also charity slot athletes and (at least at other recent IMs) certain tri clubs.
Quote Reply
Re: How does Ironman Assign Bib Numbers? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
You can pay the WTC extra money to get whatever bib number you desire through their all-american cash program
You win the internets today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bifff wrote:
They wrote our ages on our calves at the 70.3 and I'm pretty sure that the athlete guide mentions body marking and USAT ages on calves for the full.
Quote Reply
Re: How does Ironman Assign Bib Numbers? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
You win the internets today.

X2. Nicely played.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How does Ironman Assign Bib Numbers? [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstange22 wrote:
They wrote our ages on our calves at the 70.3 and I'm pretty sure that the athlete guide mentions body marking and USAT ages on calves for the full.

Not to keep beating this dead horse but there is no USAT or WTC rule that requires body marking. None.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 24, 16 17:42
Quote Reply
Re: How does Ironman Assign Bib Numbers? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
mstange22 wrote:

Not to keep beating this dead horse but there is no USAT or WTC rule that requires body marking. None.
Yeah, I've seen you post that before. I don't mind getting marked. Maybe if I wear a sleeved top I'll skip the arms but I'll put my age on my calf to play along.
Quote Reply