Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night?
Quote | Reply
Game 1 of the World Series and also the Cleveland Cavaliers season opener. Stadiums are next door to each other. Bet someone wishes the national league had won the All-Star Game!

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, no one is going to Game 1? SRO tickets are only $800+ on Stubhub, and $350 for a parking pass.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is the World Series being played in Cleveland? Is every other city closed?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

World Series on a budget.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

World Series on a budget.

I could believe a two for one with the Cadavers. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When was the last time the two teams with the longest droughts met in the world series, out of curiosity?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
When was the last time the two teams with the longest droughts met in the world series, out of curiosity?

Well the Cubs haven't even been to the WS since 1945, so 1945 or earlier.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:

D'Kid & I were talking about some interesting facts

When the Cubs take the field tomorrow, it will be the first time in team history, they've been in a TELEVISED World Series game

In 1908:

The airplane was only 5 years old

The Model T was introduced [about a month after the World Series]

Telephones were still the two-piece kind, like on The Addams Family

Women could NOT vote

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friends & I once went to a sold out concert at Gund Arena the same night a sold-out Indians game was happening next door and both events ended at about the same time. It was mayhem in the parking garage until my friend had a brilliant idea...he drove down the "up" lane, knowing that nobody was going to be driving up anymore. We were out in 3 minutes, mayhem bypassed.

justgeorge wrote:
Game 1 of the World Series and also the Cleveland Cavaliers season opener. Stadiums are next door to each other. Bet someone wishes the national league had won the All-Star Game!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:

When the Cubs take the field tomorrow, it will be the first time in team history, they've been in a TELEVISED World Series game

In 1908:

Women could NOT vote

Another piece of trivia.

Dexter Fowler will become the first black Cub player to play in a World Series game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am i the only one that thinks they should have Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn throw out an opening pitch in Cleveland and have Henry Rowengartner and possible Chet Stedman throw out first pitches in Chicago?

Would be hilarious to see Gary Busey try to do something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charlie Sheen already said he would do it, but they already have the "first pitch" celebs selected.

That definitely would have been epic though.

Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rroof wrote:
Charlie Sheen already said he would do it, but they already have the "first pitch" celebs selected.

The should walk him in from the outfield during the 7th inning stretch - full music, full outfit (glasses and hair) - without announcing it ahead of time. That place would go insane.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goosedog wrote:
rroof wrote:

The should walk him in from the outfield during the 7th inning stretch - full music, full outfit (glasses and hair) - without announcing it ahead of time. That place would go insane.

Yup. He is a huge Indians fan so I'll bet he will be there anyway (along with Meatloaf? go figure)

Re: Who is going to the cluster f*** in Cleveland Tuesday night? [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
RandMart wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:

In 1908:

Women could NOT vote

Another piece of trivia.

Dexter Fowler will become the first black Cub player to play in a World Series game.

Yes, D'Kid mentioned that one too [not naming names, of course]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply