Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poor man track aero tests
Quote | Reply
Almighty ST,
it appears that Alphamantis is not yet available in my beautiful country or at least company that claimed to their partner is not yet ready to do it commercially.
Therefore I thought about simply renting the velodrome for some time together with some friends and try to do the poor man version of it.

Question is how I should do it to get best accuracy. Is it really feasible to do it without special equipment?
Is there anything needed apart from the stuff I want to test, bike with PM and speed sensor, garmin and laptop?
Is there maybe some software I could use apart from
TrainingPeaks?

What I would like to test? Some new clothing, helmets and work a little on the fit - I've received few hints about what is wrong.
+ if I will get finally new ride I would like to compare it with old.
Quote Reply
Re: Poor man track aero tests [michalp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoldenCheetah with aerolab. Even with the same setup, slight change in body posture makes difference. I would suggest experimenting with it first to see how variable the estimate can be and how careful you have to be maintaining the posture. Based on those you can decide how many laps you need for each test condition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Search for the "Platypus" thread. All you need to know is in there :)

...and yes, if you're diligent all you need is a power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Poor man track aero tests [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew there must be such thread, I just couldn't find it ;)

Thanks guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is an app for that....If you have an android phone, the CdaCrr app works great
Quote Reply