Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are (2) transitions normal for 70.3 races?

I have had [1] experience with a 2-transition 70.3 [wildflower] and it was fairly miserable. All the oly tris I've ever done were a single transition.

I cant stand dual-transition setups.

Am I crazy? Also I want to say when I signed up for 70.3 Santa Rosa, there was NO mention of this dual-transition setup. In fact, no course details whatsoever. I am dissapointed.

A 70.3 is a big effort for me, and I'm not looking forward to a 4am shuttle ride or 3am self-service bike transport in the morning or whatever ridiculous scenario I am about to face.

Please let me know if I'm being unreasonable. Wildflower with the altered course had the transitions about 2 miles apart. Not ideal, but also not horrible post race given that we were all in the camping area. In the normal course, its a single transition.

Alternately, how can I look for courses that will be a single transition in the future? Hope for the best/pray the deal doesn't change if it looks like a single transition?

Am I making a big deal out of nothing?

//Noob triathlete//bike commuter//ex-swimmer//slower than you

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [Freddo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its best to just relax and go with it, no need to stress over it.

in the future to avoid this situation don't sign up for a race that has no course details determined and available for viewing

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
its best to just relax and go with it, no need to stress over it.

in the future to avoid this situation don't sign up for a race that has no course details determined and available for viewing

Yep

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Course details were clear when this race was posted and opened for registration ... it was clear the swim course (T1) and T2 were nowhere near each other ... there are ALOT of athletes who never looked at the course or details until FEB or March and were floored how far apart T1 & T2 were

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
always fun when the info is provided but people don't read it. I deal with it daily

In this case absolutely no reason for anyone to freak out if this should have been known before registering.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's true at all, but home that I am wrong.

When I signed up [as soon as it was announced], they mentioned something about Vineman, and this being different, and Lake Sonoma, and a bike ride through a similar area to napa.

Absolutely no indication of where T1 and T2 would be situated. I absolutely looked for the course map/details when I signed up. Knowing how quickly vineman always sold out, and that wildflower was no more, this was my only option---hope for the best.

Had I seen [2] transitions 40 miles apart I would have slept in on this weekend.

//Noob triathlete//bike commuter//ex-swimmer//slower than you

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [Freddo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trust me it's true ... registration opened late for 70.3 because of the new race & course ... details were posted before reg opened

NOW on a different note ... people in the 140.6 got duped ... those who signed up between AUG & NOV did so for Ironman Vineman ... then everything changed ... they got rolled into a 100% new race and new logistics

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
Trust me it's true ... registration opened late for 70.3 because of the new race & course ... details were posted before reg opened

NOW on a different note ... people in the 140.6 got duped ... those who signed up between AUG & NOV did so for Ironman Vineman ... then everything changed ... they got rolled into a 100% new race and new logistics

I do not see anyone getting duped.

Vineman, 70.3 and full have always bee two transitions far apart. Santa rosa is not any worse, and depending on the roads, might be better.

If someone before they signed up did not say okay, where is the lake, and were is santa rosa, which means 2 transitions, well, ..

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BS Dave - re-read my message ... 140.6 athletes between AUG & NOV signed up for Ironman VINEMAN ... they did not sign up for Ironman Santa Rosa ... in NOV all the venues, courses and name were changed 100% ... their entries were rolled into IM Santa Rosa

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... and I am in a real snarky mood currently so probably should not be on ST

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
BS Dave - re-read my message ... 140.6 athletes between AUG & NOV signed up for Ironman VINEMAN ... they did not sign up for Ironman Santa Rosa ... in NOV all the venues, courses and name were changed 100% ... their entries were rolled into IM Santa Rosa

I agree with that, but since the discussion is about 2 transition areas, I was responding related to that has not changed. The other stuff, yep, IMO, a much better
race location for the full. :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
... and I am in a real snarky mood currently so probably should not be on ST

\
You think you are having a bad day? I had my house hit 3 weeks ago by a semi full of 10 tons of gravel. Dumped 150 gallons of diesel in the ground.
Hazmat has been at my home for over 2 weeks with people and equipment you cannot believe. It will probably take a year to get my house put back to close to where it was.

Last edited by: h2ofun: Apr 21, 17 15:49
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you guys had your peak weekends yet? What sort of mileage?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa? [DopaKing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ps. I've been up there for two training weekends and the roads have really taken a beating from all the rain. Expect a rough ride
Quote Reply

Prev Next