Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ZIPP 808 Firecrest clincher wheel set- 11 speed: price drop!
Quote | Reply
Zipp 808 Firecrest wheel set

Includes Continental GP4000s tires and either butyl or latex tubes, your choice.
The latex tubes have been filled with 2 oz of Stan's for each tube and have extenders on them as well. The Stan's helps them not lose air as quickly and also will help prevent a flat in a race.

I also will include either a Sram Force, or Shimano Ultegra 11 speed cassette that is brand new and has never been mounted, your choice.

The wheels will include some Bontrager skewers.

This was my dream wheel set. However, 3 sets of race wheels is a little nuts, especially when my race times don't justify the need. Thus, they are for sale to a lucky ST'er

I bought them from the original owner who used them for a few short events. They look brand new. When I bought the wheels, I sent the wheels to Zipp through the local shop and Zipp had rebuilt the front wheel under the recall. Thus, the front wheel has a new hub and news spokes. At this time, I had Zipp update the rear hub to 11 speed. I am including the original 10 speed setup for the hub as well.

I rode the rear wheel for a couple training rides and Ironman Louisville this past weekend. I honestly can't recall if I even used the front wheel at all. If I did, it would have been for one training ride. I can't imagine finding a better set of 808's in this condition and ready to go. NO hassle as they are 11 speed and updated with the new hub, so you don't have to worry about the recall.

At $1550, I am taking a loss from what I have spent- given that I rode them only twice. For the little use, I think that is fair for what you are getting. At this time, I would prefer to sell the wheels as a pair- although I will break them up if 2 buyers split the cost however they choose if it adds to $1550, we all win.

Last edited by: jharris: Apr 11, 17 17:34
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 808 Firecrest clincher wheel set- 11 speed: $1700 [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 808 Firecrest clincher wheel set- 11 speed: $1700 [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
year
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 808 Firecrest clincher wheel set- 11 speed: $1700 [cjb3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's 2014 based on the Zipp timeline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked at the Zipp timeline again, I think this would be a 2013 based on the rear hub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump.....

I have an inquire on the rear, I will break up the set of there are buyers for each wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for price drop.

$1600

Buy these and be fast. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for spring time.

Looking to sell these great wheels that are sleeping in my basement.

Spend your tax refund check and be fast!

:)
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 808 Firecrest clincher wheel set- 11 speed: price drop! [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump- $1600 for like new wheels guys
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 808 Firecrest clincher wheel set- 11 speed: price drop! [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for price Spring. Still sitting on these wheels since IM Louisville last fall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in the rear only if you would break the set.
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 808 Firecrest clincher wheel set- 11 speed: price drop! [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SOLD last week
Quote Reply