Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tucson Endurance Performance Center, Tucson AZ
Started in 2008 as a fit studio and training center.
Full retail and service Tri Shop since 2014.
1. carry the best independent brands (cervelo, felt, QR, hoka, BMC, etc.).
- Felt, BH, Argon 18, Louis Garneau, Eddy Merckx, Lynskey, Pivot, On Running, Pearl Izumi, TYR, Profile Design, ENVE, Reynolds, Mavic, Zipp, SRAM, Shimano, Quarq, Rotor, Garmin, PowerTap, SRM, Stages, Fizik, Kask, Computrainer, Wahoo

2. have some decent bike fitting thing going on.
Retul 6 years experience + several years fitting prior to Retul. Over 500 fits completed.

3. have great relationships with robust stakeholder groups (tri clubs, coaches).
6 USAT coaches operate out of the shop, RACE Tucson USAT Tri Club, JETS Youth and Junior Tri Club, title sponsor local sprint triathlon series and sponsor other local events, monthly clinics by coaches.
Indoor power-based cycling training center (Computrainer, Wahoo), run video analysis, cycling pedal dynamics analysis

4. intangibles. whatever they may be.
Started as a fit studio - not a sales shop with a fit stand.
Athlete-operated. (We close for El Tour de Tucson since 100% of the employees are participate)
Veteran-owned.
Cater to XTERRA racers with robust MTB area.
http://www.tucsonendurancecenter.com

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Last edited by: seebritri: Nov 8, 16 21:39
Quote Reply
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In SD we have a bunch of great shops Pulse, Moment and Nytro to name a few.

I give the nod to Nytro: (1) the mechanics are top notch (and willing to help pick up after you while you learn to wrench a bit on your own); (2) staff is knowledgeable and friendly; (3) they are willing to work with you on bike fit as your position evolves; (4) Swami ride.

I would love for the ST roadshow to return to Nytro in 2017 - it was great fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tricycle and Run - St. Michael's, Maryland.

This little shop is family owned and operated by two triathletes in a picturesque little town on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, not far from the site of Ironman Maryland. They spend a great deal of time working on bike fit (including lifetime maintenance on anything they sell), running gait, and have excellent ties with local swim clinics and coaches. Weekly organized rides and runs through some of the great surrounding trails and monthly free 5k races are additional reasons I love this shop. They carry QR, Kestrel, and Fuji bikes but I've seen them do special orders or set ups for things as exotic as Dimonds. Sales are low pressure and they have repeatedly gone the extra mile for me over the years -- how many store owners do you know who would loan out their Madone when your bike is in for service and you need to get a long ride in? When I bike I purchased from them a few years ago proved to be cursed beyond wrenching and witchcraft, the owner worked with me to do a trade up to a better, more reliable ride. I've spent far too much money at the shop, and will probably spend even more, but I've never felt like it wasn't worth every penny in terms of quality of product and service well beyond purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [chrisgrigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisgrigsby wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:
I live in the SF Bay Area and do not know of a single tri shop. Sports Basement is the only place I can think of that sells s/b/r gear.

Crazy how many triathletes are here with no brick and mortar presence. I blame the Internet and Obama. In that order.

If I wanted to buy a P5 tomorrow I literally don't know where I could find one.

Well, Cervelo doesn't allow online sales, so you may want to revisit your logic!

not sure if you are serious... but Cervelo does sell through nytro.com and racycles.com for example. Sure both also have a physical location, but ...
Quote Reply
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [B Bartels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B Bartels wrote:
chrisgrigsby wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:
I live in the SF Bay Area and do not know of a single tri shop. Sports Basement is the only place I can think of that sells s/b/r gear.

Crazy how many triathletes are here with no brick and mortar presence. I blame the Internet and Obama. In that order.

If I wanted to buy a P5 tomorrow I literally don't know where I could find one.

Well, Cervelo doesn't allow online sales, so you may want to revisit your logic!

not sure if you are serious... but Cervelo does sell through nytro.com and racycles.com for example. Sure both also have a physical location, but ...

No, they don't, and it clearly says on their website that they can't sell Cervelo online.
Quote Reply
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [WaterRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I echo the vote for TriShop. I flew to DFW just to go to their shop after having a conversation in PM with one of their owners in this forum. Best service and the fit I got was perfect and I walked out of there with a bike that I flew home with.
Quote Reply
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Speedy Reedy, RIP.

Scott

Agreed...

Agreed
Quote Reply
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
All3Sports/Podium Multisports
Cervelo,Felt,Orbea,QR,BMC
Two of the best fitters,Dave & Matt
Connected with two large tri clubs and sponsor of local tri race series

This.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
what are my criteria?

1. carry the best independent brands (cervelo, felt, QR, hoka, BMC, etc.).
2. have some decent bike fitting thing going on.
3. have great relationships with robust stakeholder groups (tri clubs, coaches).
4. intangibles. whatever they may be.

who are your nominees?

http://www.gulfcoastcycleandtri.org/

1. Raleigh, Quintanaroo, State Bicycle, Ninner, Fuji, 3G, SE Bikes, Scott and a Full assortment of accessories, swimming and running.
2. Pat, the owner has been operating and now owning his own shop has been fitting for over a decade.
3. GCCT supports Tri Gulf Coast, West Florida Wheel Man, PORC, Running Wild (largest running store in area), numerous races, Tri Possibilities, Northwest Florida Trail Runners, Gulf Gravity Riders, Shop rides and clinics, and group rides with WFW.
4. Operates their own mobile repair shop
support indoor trainer session in FL "winters"
Team GCCT is open to anyone and we always welcome new members. We work collaboratively on GCCT projects such as triathlon training, cycling group rides, cycling events, triathlon events, shop clinics, and team jersey/kit designs. Our purpose is to develop Cycling Awareness in the Gulf Coast area and to help grow our community involvement in a healthy, family orientated, and fun way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, you all are lucky. Here, we seem to only have Bike Shops (some very good ones), but no true Tri Shops. Why do I say they aren't true Tri Shops?

- Very few time trial bikes in inventory, I'd say less than 10%, probably less than 5%.
- We have a felt dealer, and ofcourse Spec, but I don't think the Cervelo dealers even even have their tri bikes in stock.
- Almost no running shoes, in fact it might be zero inventory. (We do have good running shops, though.)
- A few bathing suits and goggles, but very little swim gear (pull buoys, paddles, drag suits, goggles, etc., etc.) In fact, nobody locally supports swimming.
- Little support of local events.
- Very little support of local clubs or coaches. You can get the standard 10% discount, but they give that to any organized group.

I'd say that this is one reason that the sport is in decay in our region. Sad indeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VO2 Multisport for the Louisville, Kentucky area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wally's Bicycles in McAllen, Texas

http://www.wallysbikeshop.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not only do they have tri bikes on there sales floor they need to stock race wheels ,wetsuits, googles, tri helmets everything we race and train with. 3 shops in the Ohio / Michigan area. Cycle Werks Whitehouse Ohio. Frazier bikes 3 locations in michigan( Ann Arbor, canton, Utica. The Tri Shop Liviona Michigan where Tom Demerly is based one of the best fitters in the game.
Quote Reply
Re: Best pure tri shops in the U.S. [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
All3Sports/Podium Multisports
Cervelo,Felt,Orbea,QR,BMC
Two of the best fitters,Dave & Matt
Connected with two large tri clubs and sponsor of local tri race series

+1 on A3S. I never realized the national footprint they had because they were just the local tri shop here in Atlanta who carried damn near everything. The best time of the year is when they do their Kona Clearance the same weekend of Kona. You can walk out of there with a ton of stuff for next to nothing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next