Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary - Would you ever consider using the sleeved Kiwami Spyder Aero LD tri-suit as a swimskin? Or conversely, would you bother putting a swimskin over the Aero LD tri-suit in a non-wetsuit swim? Have you ever swam in your sleeved LD tri-suit without a wetsuit/swimskin and if so, how did it perform; especially with the sleeves? Thanks!
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Apr 14, 17 14:04
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the message! It's funny, as I've been contemplating this lately. I did race a no wetsuit (or choice of) race last season in my aero LD and the sleeves were NO issue whatsoever, much to my surprise. I somewhat expected some restriction, but have to say I felt none. After seeing and feeling (but not actually using) a number of the other suits, I am of the opinion that the material used for the sleeves and other parts of the Spider is so high quality and flexible that it stays put but really does not restrict at all. My first race I was more concerned with restriction while running with sleeves, but I really felt none. I have a new AquaRush and it does make me rethink a bit, as the material is even more hydrophobic and it has 2 layers in the body to supposedly trap air and legally give a bit more lift. As my swimming is not at a good enough level yet to do a non biased test, I'm anxious to use it. I most likely would use the AquaRush in a longer swim as it may translate to more speed, but I would most likely go with just the Spider for a short race to alleviate having to take it off losing the time I may have gained. One thing I did recently notice as well in working with Andre is that the new version of the Aero Spider has a pocket behind the neck to hold ice! A really nice touch! I'm truly impressed with how the company keeps innovating and improving every chance they can. Let me know if this is helpful or if you have any more questions.....

HuffNPuff wrote:
Gary - Would you ever consider using the sleeved Kiwami Spyder Aero LD tri-suit as a swimskin? Or conversely, would you bother putting a swimskin over the Aero LD tri-suit in a non-wetsuit swim? Have you ever swam in your sleeved LD tri-suit without a wetsuit/swimskin and if so, how did it perform; especially with the sleeves? Thanks!

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the idea of wearing the Aqua Rush over my LD Aero so I could use the tri suit for all distances and not have to worry about pulling and zipping up the suit. Living in a warm water area, I have plenty on non wet suit races in the near future. I use the Orca RS1 Killa for olympic distance races, but might switch in favor of the Aqua Rush. The LD Aero is the most comfortable trisuit I've ever worn
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [TriathleteWes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathleteWes wrote:
I love the idea of wearing the Aqua Rush over my LD Aero so I could use the tri suit for all distances and not have to worry about pulling and zipping up the suit. Living in a warm water area, I have plenty on non wet suit races in the near future. I use the Orca RS1 Killa for olympic distance races, but might switch in favor of the Aqua Rush. The LD Aero is the most comfortable trisuit I've ever worn

Can you explain this? Why would you have to worry about zipping up your LD Aero assuming you wore some other swimskin over it, or just used it without any swimskin at all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
Thanks for the message! It's funny, as I've been contemplating this lately. I did race a no wetsuit (or choice of) race last season in my aero LD and the sleeves were NO issue whatsoever, much to my surprise. I somewhat expected some restriction, but have to say I felt none. After seeing and feeling (but not actually using) a number of the other suits, I am of the opinion that the material used for the sleeves and other parts of the Spider is so high quality and flexible that it stays put but really does not restrict at all. My first race I was more concerned with restriction while running with sleeves, but I really felt none. I have a new AquaRush and it does make me rethink a bit, as the material is even more hydrophobic and it has 2 layers in the body to supposedly trap air and legally give a bit more lift. As my swimming is not at a good enough level yet to do a non biased test, I'm anxious to use it. I most likely would use the AquaRush in a longer swim as it may translate to more speed, but I would most likely go with just the Spider for a short race to alleviate having to take it off losing the time I may have gained. One thing I did recently notice as well in working with Andre is that the new version of the Aero Spider has a pocket behind the neck to hold ice! A really nice touch! I'm truly impressed with how the company keeps innovating and improving every chance they can. Let me know if this is helpful or if you have any more questions.....

Thanks; much appreciated! I lost my mind this week and entered IM Texas at the last minute. I am guessing it may not be wetsuit legal of if so, then just barely (76.2 surface, 78.4 at 12" down this morning). I think if by some miracle it falls to 76.1 I may just pull some Roka sim shorts over the LD Aero to keep from overheating; otherwise, I'll use my blueseventy swimskin and not worry about the LD sleeves.
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

Thanks; much appreciated! I lost my mind this week and entered IM Texas at the last minute. I am guessing it may not be wetsuit legal of if so, then just barely (76.2 surface, 78.4 at 12" down this morning). I think if by some miracle it falls to 76.1 I may just pull some Roka sim shorts over the LD Aero to keep from overheating; otherwise, I'll use my blueseventy swimskin and not worry about the LD sleeves.

Good for you! I'd feel more than comfortable with the Spider Aero swimming, as the material is extremely hydrophobic and really doesn't absorb much water. Being up north, I haven't used the BlueSeventy suit, as it's either wetsuit, or the Spider. Sounds like you've got a good plan and if you can do a short swim to ease your mind, probably a good idea. Go in positive and have a great time. Best wishes, and let me know how it all played out....
Quote Reply

Prev Next