Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are there still problems with PBK?
Quote | Reply
Haven't bought from ProBikeKit in a few years after all the negative press but am looking at them for some tires I am after. Are they still a cluster or have things improved?
Quote Reply
Re: Are there still problems with PBK? [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had an issue with them (although shipping to Canada). 7 or 8 multiple item orders over the last year and half an not a single hiccup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used them (in the U.K.) for a few years now with no issues - just another wiggle or CRC etc.

The group that owns them likes to fill my inbox though ...

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They still use Air City Post, which has ridiculous handling fees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used them a few times in the last couple years. No problems but shipping to the US... can take a while. So I wouldn't order anything that you need urgently.

And as someone said above... they will spam the hell out of you.
Last edited by: dyarab: Oct 8, 16 4:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still use PBK, or ribble, or chainreaction when I need parts. The deals always vary a little between shops and PBK tends to (not always) be a little more expensive than the rest.

Any negative press seemed to be due to the way these guys handled shipping (...that added brokerage fees). It seems that all of them have settled back with Royal Air, which is a quick (usually < 2wks) service that doesn't front load fees. Of course, you can still be dinged taxes (and potentially duties) by your friends at the customs department, but that's just the luck of the draw.

I don't hesitate to use these guys. I tell anyone else to find the best price from one of the shops above and go with it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a pair of tires from PBK and they shipped them on the 6th. It's the 31st and I still don't have them.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have probably close to a dozen orders with PBK over the last 2 years, mostly multiple items, shipped to Canada. Most recent was a set of Look Keo pedals that arrived a couple weeks ago.

Shipping is relatively slow, but that is my only qualm with them (to be fair, it is crossing an ocean and shipping is usually free). As with any retailer, they're not always the cheapest, but I don't hesitate to use them if they're the cheapest and I don't need said item immediately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBK, Ribble, and Chainreaction have all been good for me over the past few years (I've bought many tires, tubes and multiple groupsets). I wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of them again. I often find that PBK is NOT the cheapest amongst the three; I think most of my orders have gone to Ribble because they have had the best deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Are there still problems with PBK? [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good thing about chain reaction is I can order something on Monday and have it before Friday
Quote Reply
Re: Are there still problems with PBK? [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used PBK from Canada for....I dunno, 10 years? Multiple orders each year. Knock on wood, never had a single issue. Same with Ribble and Wiggle.
Quote Reply
Re: Are there still problems with PBK? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair you can do that with PBK if you pay for shipping. I'll assume Chain Reaction 1 week shipping isn't free.

I have also had good luck with Merlin. Wiggle was good the first time I used them, then they switched to using DHL and that essentially adds a 30% markup with duty. Though it did come in 2 days.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Are there still problems with PBK? [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time I bought from Chain Reaction the shipping has been free.

Site says free shipping on orders over $50
Last edited by: jaretj: Mar 31, 17 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: Are there still problems with PBK? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup I usually get it within 5 business days as well!
Quote Reply