Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any womens going to spend 15K on a bike? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I am exactly the opposite. I am so low stack/pad Y that Dan's fit bike doesn't go that low and the entire FIST clinic took out a saw, rubber hammer, and angled stem and went after my actual bicycle. There is no mathematically possible way I can get on a 700-wheel bike with my Y; I am almost on top of the 650 wheel.

It is probably worth pointing out (although unrelated to the 15k issue) that the fit bikes also didn't allow us to set 145 cranks, 155 was the shortest it would go, and so that, too, is a leap of faith. All of which goes to Sally's (and others') point about lack of attention to this pointed end of the market. No wonder so many of us have sucky fits.
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens going to spend 15K on a bike? [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I remember the same issue w/deSoto 2pc wetsuits - the tops were too long for me and being curvy (code word for I have a big butt) the tops would always curl/ride up. Because of the zipper placement & construction, I couldn't just cut/alter it and poor Emilio even said "there's just not enough short-torso'd people out there for me to make a 'petite' version". So we keep on looking... just like bikes... and when I find something that works/fits, I stick with it if I can! :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens going to spend 15K on a bike? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Did the LBS literally say "magic"? I know I shouldn't find that hard to believe, yet....

It stuck in my mind as being particularly condescending. But it is similar to the engineering claims made by Ventum now with their new super bike.

The people making claims aren't the people falling when they get it wrong đŸ˜–

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens going to spend 15K on a bike? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously. In the "standover" thread in the main forum, Jimmy says the Ventum 46 has a stack height of 492. My current frame has a stack height of 437, and I have a -27 stem on there, which the "front end low" thread says should reduce Y another 400mm or so, which makes sense since my PadY is under 400. So, no Ventum for me. I need a tri bike for a 10-year-old, except faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens going to spend 15K on a bike? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, it's the combo of petite and short torso'd that has me commenting here.

I'm honestly not positive how tall I am. Been saying 5'2" for years, then like 10 years ago was told at a Dr appt I was 5'3"; I figured this particular medical-checking-me-in-person was rounding up. Then, last year, after several months of yoga, I was checked in as 5'4". Again, I assume that's rounding up but still, how tall am I??

Anyway, whatever the number, I had done some shopping at Petite Sophisticates (in the early 2000's). I was happy with the pants I tried because the rise was finally right. Most pants of the time (things have changed since the Low Rise movement came along) were hitting me in the ribs. Yes, really. Waist bands all the way up to my ribs. Stupid looking (unless very well tailoered) and so uncomfortable. But here's the kicker - the pants were too short. In a world where every darn piece of clothing had been too long, I found petite pants that fit my rise, but were too short!

So I hear you on the wetsuit bit. I was convinced my first wetsuit fit like it did b\c it was built for a woman with DD's or something (I'm A/B). After getting rid of it and thinking more about things said to me at bike fits, it seems I really am one of the supposedly rare long legged/short torso'd people.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Any womens going to spend 15K on a bike? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No 15 k bike for me. Even if I had'nt just dropped the end of last year retail price on a Slice. And used wheels. And a new power meter.

I went from 650 to 700 out of a screaming desire for convenience, so couldn't keep using my 404 wheel set. And the Slice would'nt take my Stages PM (multiple fit incompatabilities).

After all that I started a spreadsheet listing the major price driving features and serial numbers of my bikes, with scanned receipts. It was eye opening what I'd spent on my currently outfitted bikes since 2013. But it still doesn't amount to 15k.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next