Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Westworld [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
Not sure why I have not seen much on this but one thought I keep having goes back to Wyatts army (the folks dressed in medevial gear). In the original movie there was also Medevil world and Roman world. My theory is that the worlds/territories share borders (where they are supposed to actually exist in the "real" world I have no ideas on that) and Wyatts army were sent to infiltrate Westworld and serve Wyatt.

I thought we saw Medieval world when William and his soon to be BIL were on their adventure. The town where they brought the nitroglycerin.

Nope that was Pariah, and in Westworld. We have not seen another park yet, unless the Italian villa scene was set in another park.

What Italian villa? I think we've only seen Westworld. The fancy place Ford met with Teresa was Spanish, like an agave plantation.

Spanish, Italian, who can tell? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Clearly, I need to back out of this thread until I'm fully caught up

TTFN

OK, I made it to the Center of the Maze

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
I thought last night's best line was:

Bernard: "What door?"

I knew the reveal was about to finally unfold.

I literally said "oh fuck"

And when Theresa showed him the blueprints, he saw nothing

It also explains why, when Ford showed him the pic, he only saw Ford & Ford's dad

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know the techs had names, right?

Felix & Sylvester ... both cartoon cats

Sylvester was the one who always got clobbered by Tweety Bird & Granny

Felix was the cool one

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope Armistice/Tattooed Snake Girl made it through

The look on her face, when she first fired the little machine gun, was the best smile of the whole show

Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
She's never gone by the name a day in her life. Named after her aunt,

You're off by a letter, maybe?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still get the idea the the whole premise is "What if Dr. Frankenstein created Fantasy Island?" Or more accurately, Rotwang, the scientist in Metropolis

The scene when Bernard & Ford have the "Who am I really?" conversation is much like what The Creature had with Frankenstein, in the novel

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, if you look at the structure of the Maze, you can make it to the End, but not the Center

There are no pathways to the Head, the Body, or ... what's the third one? The Soul?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

The look on her face, when she first fired the little machine gun, was the best smile of the whole show

There was a post credits scene that shows she did. Watch it, its good.
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Westworld over or will there be more seasons?
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 4

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's contracted for five seasons.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I meant four more.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
RandMart wrote:

There was a post credits scene that shows she did. Watch it, its good.

Yes, I saw that ... she got free from the door, but there were a few more security guys to handle, and she was ... um, ... unarmed

So, maybe, maybe not?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She had a knife.... :)

Seriously though, i think the look of horror and fear on the one security guard's face tells me all i need to know, she is going to get out.
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If she, and/or Hector DON'T get out, will Felix set up an underground workshop to fix them up?

I saw something floating around the Felix was a guest, and his "narrative" was to be a tech

Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using my free week of HBO through Amazon Prime and knocked this out. Didn't know anything about it other than several people told me to watch it. What a mind fuck. After reading this thread, I caught on to a couple plot lines earlier than most, most prominent probably Dolores being Wyatt. One that I completely missed was the dual timelines. I thought MiB was Arnold until it was apparent he wasn't. The finale left more questions than answers which makes 2018 seem crazy far away. As much as I want to watch it again right away, this seems like the type of show where the more you rewatch it, the more questions you have.
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still have questions? If so they won’t get answered. Canceled after 4 seasons.
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Do you still have questions? If so they won’t get answered. Canceled after 4 seasons.

I have a question... why did they think it was a good idea to leave historical settings
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

Ha! Nice resurrection. I only watched that first season. I waste enough time with just regular Amazon video.
Quote Reply
Re: Westworld [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

I have a question... why did they think it was a good idea to leave historical settings

You mean leave The Park? No idea. I only saw the first two Episodes of S3 when they came out, but never came back to it

Aaron Paul is too deeply ingrained as Jesse for me, I guess?

Quote Reply

Prev Next