Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About to pull the trigger on the 2017 TM02 with Ultegra Di2. Racing olys, half and long distance. I'm not Richie Rich, but this seems like a sexy, aero, light enough bike that will last me a long time. Any reason to reconsider before I get buyer's remorse? I don't plan on tinkering that much except for adding hydration and fuel storage.

Also, I got Vuelta Corsa carbon 50 LE wheels as a gift (unsolicited). The TM02 in this build comes with some sweet Mavic CXR Elite Exalith. What should I do with the Vueltas, put them on my road bike?

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [RudeDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the TM02 over the TM01? That exposed front brake on the 02 is the deal-breaker for me. Have you thought about the 01 with the integrated front brake and "flat-cockpit" option? I'm looking for ONE tri bike that I can ride both in USAT/IM events as well as ITU/USA-cycling events in the 2 different configurations and this one seems to check all the boxes.
--

Straightenin' the curves; Flattenin' the hills
------------------------------------------------------------
Coached by Mike Plumb @ TriPower MultiSports
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1149072 - https://www.instagram.com/thoswoods/
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [More Cowbell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because I feel like the exposed front break / integrated fork isn't worth ~$3k to "upgrade". And also potentially less adjustable with the integration.

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:

I love BMC (have had 2 of their tri bikes), but man... that thing looks like Picasso built a bike.

It sure is a weird looking bike, I'd be looking at buying a run out 15-16 TM01

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha yes, some find the Timemachine weird looking, others find it nice and clean. Some find the P5X a monstrosity, others like it in person. I like the Timemachine look. Simple, aero, and pretty.

I can't argue with buying an older model (and by older, that can be a 2016) at a discount.

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [RudeDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RudeDude wrote:

I can't argue with buying an older model (and by older, that can be a 2016) at a discount.

I think the 16 is one of the nicest looking bikes around, has that simple elegant look, kind of like the Canyon Speedmax before the Triathlon additions.

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [davidxtwo3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David can you tell me name and brand for this bento box. Im trying to find one for my BMC but is proving to be harder than I imaged .
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey FaKaspar,

It's a Profile Design bento box, but it came with the bike so I'm not sure of the exact model.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [davidxtwo3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tks! You probably had a great deal, mine didnt come w/ it!
Last edited by: FaKaspar: Jul 23, 18 8:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next