Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mets clinch Wild Card Spot
Quote | Reply
Just finished watching the game in Philly. Mets are in the play-in game and should be at home. How far can they go? Who knows, this is a much different team than they started the season with, but they are getting hot at the right time. Let's see what they can do.

Go Mets!!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Mets clinch Wild Card Spot [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's go, Mets go!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Just finished watching the game in Philly. Mets are in the play-in game and should be at home. How far can they go? Who knows, this is a much different team than they started the season with, but they are getting hot at the right time. Let's see what they can do.

Go Mets!!

They *will* be at home, no matter who they will face.

Syndergaard vs. Bumgardner or Martinez. The baseballs will be flying out of Citi Field all evening!

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Locker room celebration featured an ass shot on live TV:

http://deadspin.com/...naked-guy-1787319042

Red Sox celebration the other night included multiple f-bombs and mf-bombs with no seven second delay. Gotta love live TV.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

Go Mets!!
They'll win it...they'll build momentum and get hot. And then they'll SHIT THE FUCKING BED and crush my hopes and dreams. Again.

LETS GO METS!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Mets clinch Wild Card Spot [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Mets fans should have been disappointed last year. The Mets had been nowhere for years and got all the to the World Series. No one should have expected it. I couldn't believe it when I saw them moping around here on Long Island the week after the WS was over.

This year, have you ever seen a team have so many injuries. I'm glad Duda in back but he's not ready. Any . this year will be a gift from the Gods of Baseball.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are correct: we should never be dissappointed in them letting us down.

But we are. We ARE let down...because we think we MAY be that team that gets that squeaky win, that WS championship because you get hot at just the right time. WE BELIEVE WE CAN BE THAT TEAM!! Then we remember we are Mets fans...and realize this is how it goes for us.

I seriously sat outside after making a bonfire, and collecting all of my Mets paraphernalia, and all of my children's and was going to burn them. My wife, trying her best to stop me got my "I'm saving them a lifetime of broken hopes and dreams." Speech. But standing in front of the fire, I realized: "fuck...I'm just going to buy all of this again because they're my team...and really, I shouldn't even be surprised or let down like I am." So I shrugged, grabbed a beer and walked back inside.

And this "gift from God" isn't. It's actually our punishment: win just enough to give false hope to crush, and just enough to get a shitty draft pick.

P.S. I fucking hate Daniel Murphy....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait a minute! Just wait a minute! How can you hate Murphy?

Hate the Mets front office all you want for letting him go just when he was showing that he could reach his potential. Meanwhile, you have a third baseman who was playing on borrowed band-aids. Murphy was home grown, he was a fan favorite and he's a really good guy. And by league standards, he wasn't really asking for that much.

If the Mets get that far, Murphy just might be the guy who ends it for them this year, but don't hate him. Hate Mets management, they never even tried to keep him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey can I hate Murphy????? Did you not watch the WS last year?? I'm glad he is gone. Fucker is Bill Buckner to Red Sox fans. Single handidly raises us up to the WS, and then takes A SACK OF DICKS in the WS. Fuck Murphy.

And in true Mets fashion, he leaves and does great and will probably crush us again. And then we'll sign him to some ASTRONOMICAL contract, that will cripple us for decades, when he is washed up and shitty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wednesday night baby, let's just wait and see how far they go this year!

Quote Reply
Re: Mets clinch Wild Card Spot [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Locker room celebration featured an ass shot on live TV:

http://deadspin.com/...naked-guy-1787319042

Red Sox celebration the other night included multiple f-bombs and mf-bombs with no seven second delay. Gotta love live TV.

Why is anyone celebrating making the wild card game? You're not even in the playoffs really. Just a play in game to make the playoffs.

The Jays were popping champagne and smoking cigars. Really?!? You had a three game lead on the division at the beginning of September and gave it all away. Now you squeaked into the wild card game. Whooopdee fucking doo.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Mets clinch Wild Card Spot [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, a bit over the top at this point. Red Sox celebration had an awkward start since they had clinched the division with a Jays loss that night while their game with the Yankees was still going on, only to lose on a walkoff grand slam after blowing a 3-0 lead in the ninth. They trudge into the locker room and five minutes later are spraying each other like they won the World Series. One thing that was particularly annoying was the September call-ups who aren't even going to be on the post-season roster going the craziest. The only smart one was Dustin Pedroia, who stayed off to the side the whole time acting like he had been the before and knowing that there are bigger fish to fry (probably also still pissed about losing the way they did).

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply