Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Are TUEs posted in the public domain? If not, should they be? [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
mag900 wrote:
you are confusing fundamental rights, which are basic and cover everyone without an act by man (eg, the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness) with legal rights (eg, the right to make a right-hand turn on a red).

No, I am not. You said "rights." If you had meant those, e.g., enumerated in the Declaration of Independence as self-evident, you should have been more specific.

IOW, yes, I have a legal right to not have my health records shared without my permission.

no. you said medical privacy rights are a "pretty basic right in the west for obvious reasons" i'm sure you have absolutely no idea what the laws are in most european countries but a right that wasn't created until 1996 by an act of congress is hardly a right i would call "basic". if it were so basic, then why did it take 220 years to create it? yes, your medical records currently are protected in the united states but it's completely preposterous that you think that this protection is some universal fundamental right that has existed for centuries in the west. it's not. it's a very recent addition in the united states, just like your right to make a right on red at some intersections, and could be eliminated with the stroke of a pen (as can all legal rights).

No, I did not (check your attributions).
Quote Reply
Re: Are TUEs posted in the public domain? If not, should they be? [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see why not. If you are going to request special permission to compete while taking a banned substance, it seems reasonable that you should have to give up some privacy as a condition of do so

You might have a right to privacy but you don't have a right to compete while taking such substances.
Quote Reply

Prev Next