Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri training help
Quote | Reply
Hello! im planning a sprint, Olympic, and half IM next season. these will be my first tri's I will have done. I have a very busy work schedule (im a sou chef at a restaurant). I plan on training hard over the winter as I can, most likely 4 times a week. I am getting much better at biking and running is my second strongest. I plan on spending a lot of time in the pool learning basics and becoming proficient. I need to figure out what the best plan of attack is to be as fit as I can be leading into the 12-16 weeks before my half IM.

any advice is welcome. just need to figure out where I should really work hard on, whether that be riding on a trainer, running, lifting, or all the above, along with swimming.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tri training help [palfiero182] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
palfiero182 wrote:
Hello! im planning a sprint, Olympic, and half IM next season. these will be my first tri's I will have done. I have a very busy work schedule (im a sou chef at a restaurant). I plan on training hard over the winter as I can, most likely 4 times a week. I am getting much better at biking and running is my second strongest. I plan on spending a lot of time in the pool learning basics and becoming proficient. I need to figure out what the best plan of attack is to be as fit as I can be leading into the 12-16 weeks before my half IM.

any advice is welcome. just need to figure out where I should really work hard on, whether that be riding on a trainer, running, lifting, or all the above, along with swimming.

Thanks

Get some swim coaching and video analysis if you can afford it and join a masters/tri swim squad if there are any around
ditch the weights
get a coach or experienced triathlete to help put together a program for you
don't over train, have rest days
wind trainer is fine, have you got a power meter and something like traineroad/zwift
Quote Reply
Re: tri training help [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i do not have a powermeter im working on getting zwift and a smart trainer.
Quote Reply