Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wildflower 2017 Registration?
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know when Wildflower 2017 registration will open? I've been checking the website periodically and I can't figure it out. I want to make sure I don't miss out on the 2017 race.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2017 Registration? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure, but Wildflower hasn't sold out for years. Sadly, due to WTC competition and the two-run format due to the drought the race is ~1/4 what it was in it's heyday.

Still a bucket list race IMO, but no trouble registering.

Typically reg. has opened in early Dec. (looking back at some of my old emails).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Sep 28, 16 16:12
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2017 Registration? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strange format, smaller field, legendary race, non WTC brand, camping/partying.........what's there not to love about it??

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking for it in December!
Last edited by: T3_Beer: Sep 28, 16 16:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Strange format, smaller field, legendary race, non WTC brand, camping/partying.........what's there not to love about it??

That hill at mile 4 on the run ;P.

Speaking personally, I liked it more when it had the typical format, 6K racers (including ~1/2 of the top Kona pros), and the infamous Mile 4 aid station.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Sep 28, 16 16:25
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2017 Registration? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

That hill at mile 4 on the run ;P.

Speaking personally, I liked it more when it had the typical format, 6K racers (including ~1/2 of the top Kona pros), and the infamous Mile 4 aid station.

I'm sure that would have been awesome. I just moved to California a few months ago and this one has been on my list for some time, so I'll take whatever I can get at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing when I moved to CA.

As you drive into the park and see the huge cutouts of Tinley and PNF you know you are participating in a part of tri history.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll love it. I raced it last year and it was such an awesome experience. I wish it wasn't such a trip for me from NY. I'd go every year if it was more easily accessible for me.