Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also used one in Kona since they were handing them out at the Quarq tent. Family and friends said it worked really well. They had no trouble spotting me on the course and were able to dip out for coffee etc. knowing that I wouldn't be back towards town for a while.

I synced with my power meter and HR strap, so that data was put up as well (allowing the world to see my measly watts). Pretty cool.

I have to say, carrying this thing on the run was not too enjoyable. It's got some heft to it -- like a old school cell phone. Thankfully Quarq provided a belt for it. I wasn't sure if it was working while carrying, which likely made me despise it more than I should have. Falling off my goal pace and suffering out on the Queen K probably made it feel heavier too.

Some screen shots below of what the tracking looked like. One of the misleading things, was the ranking that Quarq provided. It was only among others with the device. Some peeps using it thought I was actually in 5th & 3rd in my age group at points; more like 50th...

I'd definitely use again. Would be sure to tighten the belt a lot more and use on training runs to get a feel for it.

Last edited by: r_mohr: Oct 17, 16 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [r_mohr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r_mohr wrote:
I have to say, carrying this thing on the run was not too enjoyable. It's got some heft to it -- like a old school cell phone. Thankfully Quarq provided a belt for it.

I tried their belt briefly, and I didn't like the feel of it being in front (with the race numbers). It also seemed to "jiggle" up and down more than I cared for.

I read they would have them in advance (from dcrainmaker) and brought an old nathan running waist pack that I had (https://chasing42.files.wordpress.com/.../07/nathan-waist.jpg) which held it very snug in back. Didn't notice it at all during the race.

But yeah, I'm with ya -- I had no idea if it was working or not.

r_mohr wrote:
One of the misleading things, was the ranking that Quarq provided. It was only among others with the device. Some peeps using it thought I was actually in 5th & 3rd in my age group at points; more like 50th...

Yeah, my wife actually told some folks that I came in 3rd in my page group. Um, yeah, I wish! More like 203rd.

The other thing my wife found a bit confusing was that during the bike it gave total distance to go, which is kinda dumb (e.g. 138.4 to go at the start of the bike). It would much more intuitive to show distance to go in the bike leg.
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One minor tip on running with it in the belt: Position the Qollector on your side (left or right). I find that if it's on either side, just a touch bit towards the front, it doesn't jiggle.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
One minor tip on running with it in the belt: Position the Qollector on your side (left or right). I find that if it's on either side, just a touch bit towards the front, it doesn't jiggle.

But then your race number is on your side and possibly flapping around every where.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: You can buy a Quarq Qollector soon! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One could just safety pin it on a different portion of the belt.

(Since living in France, I've become far more familiar with the safety pin focus - whereby even if you have a belt with doohickies, you still need three safety pins).

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next