Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TV coverage of Kona [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
I won't be watching online on Saturday. I'm busy the whole duration of the race.

well played there, backdoor brag and everything....well played......just don't count your chickens before they hatch (see Rinny last year)............
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I were to pull a Rinny '15 I would be in a bar all day so my statement still stands. Of couse we would all like to pull a Rinny [insert any other year but '15]!
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I'm not doubting you. I'm just saying the broadcast is not the next day. For one, it's impossible from a production standpoint. Literally impossible.

No it's not....they used to turn out edited, same day coverage of TdF stages back in the early 90's.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I'm not doubting you. I'm just saying the broadcast is not the next day. For one, it's impossible from a production standpoint. Literally impossible.

South Park had a Saddam episode the day after they hung his ass. Not impossible. Just not likely because it'd involve a lot of people working a lot of overtime to get it done.

Studio could get the Kona footage in near real time. They can decide what to use while watching live. They can prepare the human interest stories and pro interviews ahead of time. Edit it all together that evening, have Al narrate it overnight using a script already prepared plus race commentary which is easy. And it could air next day. It's all done on a computer.

But they won't.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Sep 29, 16 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
... have Al narrate it overnight using a script already prepared ...

They kinda do that already, using last year's script, with just the names changed. Kinda like MadLibs, where you fill in the blanks with say "3rd Place Finisher"

We should have a pool for when in the broadcast TroutFace says "This pass ... this feels permanent"

But, at least it's not Joe Buck

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The NBC coverage has been the first or second week in November the last three years. Plus, it's usually an hour and a half or two hours, not one hour. The broadcast is always on regular NBC, not the NBC Sports Network. The NBC Sports Network will show Kona coverage throughout the year though after it's initial showing on NBC in November.
Quote Reply

Prev Next