Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good quality Boxers (undies)
Quote | Reply
Need some new boxers! Usually don't put much though in buying undies, my wife will usually just pick up a pack or two for me when she's out shopping. Sometimes it will be Gap, JCrew, BR. They all have one thing in common, the quality is terrible.

Main issue is the fly zone. After a few washes, the fly zone just stays open and the yang has a tendency to poke out from time to time. Now this wouldn't be much of an issue but I'm a grower not a shower, so it's best to keep things covered until it's go time.

Recommend me some good quality boxer?
Quote Reply
Re: Good quality Boxers (undies) [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some really nice ones you can get online, but they're pricey. I've actually came to really like the C9 (Champion) athletic, longer length boxer briefs at Target. They're still somewhat pricey at $12/pair, but the quality has been awesome for me. I like the fit, mine haven't loosened up at all, the wicking fabric is comfortable, and they don't bunch up at all. I think they have a less costly version that's a cotton/poly blend. It's just OK, but the better ones are fantastic. Things may vary for you, but I'm really happy with them.

SkipG wrote:
Need some new boxers! Usually don't put much though in buying undies, my wife will usually just pick up a pack or two for me when she's out shopping. Sometimes it will be Gap, JCrew, BR. They all have one thing in common, the quality is terrible.

Main issue is the fly zone. After a few washes, the fly zone just stays open and the yang has a tendency to poke out from time to time. Now this wouldn't be much of an issue but I'm a grower not a shower, so it's best to keep things covered until it's go time.

Recommend me some good quality boxer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.patagonia.com/...ks-underwear#start=1

or

https://www.underarmour.com/...horts/pid1272376-984

Both are polyester and a bit slick so if you are wearing shirt and tie you have to tuck in your shirt a bit more than usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.theonion.com/...gged-work-thong-9655

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The problem is not with the quality, but the choice in undies.

Go boxer briefs. Who wears shorts under their pants?!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Good quality Boxers (undies) [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

didnt mind wearing boxer briefs when I was pretty lean at 170lbs. Now at 200lbs, they just feel wrong and fat. So it's boxer shorts for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.exofficio.com/...ShdmV1NBcaAsmd8P8HAQ

EXOFFICIO

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LL Bean makes great boxers, especially the flannel ones (they can be worn year-round). Also have a button on the fly to keep the junk from falling out. May be a little pricier but well worth it.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Good quality Boxers (undies) [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Be careful and prewash several times. I use these when backpacking and find them very comfortable. You end up wearing them multiple days. While they were comfortable, I found they bled dye all over my hiking shorts. They had been prewashed before wearing, but that was not enough. I was in an all day hot, sweaty, hike, where it rained off/on for 2 days and they bled all over the shorts from wearing them. This was not in the wash it was from wearing them soaking wet for 2 days.

After several washes they do not seem to be bleeding dye anymore. So I have kept them and they are comfortable.

Perhaps I had a bad batch, but there are a few comments on review sites that mention this. They were also grey/black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the UA performance boxers the best of all that I've tried. Road Runner Sports are nice material but do not have the button fly (crucial part).

I've also had Hathaway from Costco that were cotton/spandex blend that are great 90% of the time (not the 10% hot and humid) but they no longer stock them.

If you need boxer briefs the "Pair of Thieves" brand from Target is really nice. Best I've used. The C9 is also good in a longer length for working out.

drn92
Last edited by: drn92: Sep 29, 16 5:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm partial to Tommy John's. They are pricy but very comfy and I have yet for the fly to stay open on mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Go boxer briefs. Who wears shorts under their pants?! "

Just briefs for me. Couldn't imagine wearing anything baggy/bulky under my jeans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of people sadly will never get to know/own a well fitting pair of boxers.....

I think a good fit is paramount. Air for the boys and somewhat form-fit legs.
For me it is Calvin Klein s right now.
If I had the money, I'd get some tailored, as most available out there have horrible cuts/shape.

If the boys are airy and happy, I am happy.
I only wear briefs if temps dip below 50 (happy boys and all).

BCtriguy1 wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Good quality Boxers (undies) [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carilihola.

You can all thank me later.

They ain't cheap, but they are PERFECT. Can even get them w/o a pissflap. The whole bamboo fabric is awesome. Got bedsheets and all sorts of shirts from them. Love is not a strong enough word.
Quote Reply