Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

twitter app, what do you use?
Quote | Reply
Folks, do you use the twitter app on your phones or something else. I've got a Note 4 and have been using Tweetcaster, but it's now breaking off tweets and including links to everything. Very frustrating and I don't know of a solution except finding another app.

Every time I've used the twitter app, I end up not liking it much.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: twitter app, what do you use? [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Twitter app for iPhone has improved in many ways over the last couple years,it's worth giving it a shot on your phone to see if it's better than what you experienced before...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjpwooo wrote:
Every time I've used the twitter app, I end up not liking it much.

Maybe it's not the app ... maybe you're following the wrong people and it's a content problem?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twitter app is great for me. As someone else mentioned, probably a content problem for you.
Quote Reply
Re: twitter app, what do you use? [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's true, because I'm following only about 80 people. Very targeted. But I get a lot of ads on the twitter app that I don't get on the tweetcaster app (no ads on that one). The Twitter app also 'recommends' other folks for me to follow. Along with the apps, that is annoying. Very.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what to tell ya. I have a targeted group I am following also, and I am quite content with twitter app experience. Some of the "people" I follow post a lot of links. I catch on quickly and stop following the click-bait accounts. I have never had the twitter app provide recommendations to me. The ads don't bother me so much, they look like they belong and they aren't frequent enough to cause me to be disgusted.

Not sure what tweetcaster is myself, never heard of it.

It honestly sounds like your complaints are pretty social media generic. Ads and recommendations are typical across different platforms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But I get a lot of ads on the twitter app

You'll have to define "a lot" as I'm sure the perception can vary from person to person. I follow over 1500 and do get ads myself, but you can "dismiss" them once you pick up on them. They can be annoying, but in my book I understand they need to generate income somehow and if that helps the app get better over time, which generally speaking it does, then I'm okay.
Quote Reply
Re: twitter app, what do you use? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tweetcaster has a permanent 'banner' ad on the bottom. the twitter app throws in ads as tweets. So, I guess it's 6 in one, 1/2 dozen in another. I guess I have to adjust to ads in one place vs another.

But the 'suggested follows' and 'in case you missed it' tweets, they're horrible and annoying to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I am with you on that, it's a bit annoying but have become less so over time as they are almost instantly recognizable so I'll just scroll past without thinking. And I'm pretty sure to this point I've not taken one of their suggestions for people to follow....
Quote Reply