Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beware MS Windows 10 Update
Quote | Reply
FYI - My laptop with Windows 10 just decided to auto update itself (while I was using it). After a 60-minute update, Windows decided to reset to a bunch of original settings, uninstalled a few programs (e.g., Classic Shell start menu), & my docking station, wifi adapter (internal), a USB ports no longer work.

The best part is that Windows 10 installed itself last spring & you can't disable auto updates (at least I couldn't figure out how to do it).

When are we allowed to officially call Windows a computer virus?

Rant over...
Quote Reply
Re: Beware MS Windows 10 Update [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TropicPlace wrote:
FYI - My laptop with Windows 10 just decided to auto update itself (while I was using it). After a 60-minute update, Windows decided to reset to a bunch of original settings, uninstalled a few programs (e.g., Classic Shell start menu), & my docking station, wifi adapter (internal), a USB ports no longer work.

The best part is that Windows 10 installed itself last spring & you can't disable auto updates (at least I couldn't figure out how to do it).

Rant over...

Uh, 1995. Where have you been?
Quote Reply
Re: Beware MS Windows 10 Update [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
TropicPlace wrote:

Rant over...

Uh, 1995. Where have you been?

Well said, I have no comeback to that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
21 years and it still sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My desktop did the same thing, I've spent the last couple of days re-setting up my settings and preferences. I haven't noticed any programs missing.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see you finally got your "Windows 10 Anniversary Update"

Its been one of the buggier updates Microsoft has released recently. Google it and you'll find a slew of problems.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm amazed that people still use such garbage.

Mind bottling.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All my systems are Windows based, and the recent update to 10 screwed up my Surface
but I love it because I'm in IT and specifically in the MS space
so I say to MS keep the BS coming and I can buy steeno and a can of beans for my family.
Quote Reply
Re: Beware MS Windows 10 Update [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I'm amazed that people still use such garbage.

Mind bottling.

Bottling?
Quote Reply
Re: Beware MS Windows 10 Update [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
I see you finally got your "Windows 10 Anniversary Update"

Its been one of the buggier updates Microsoft has released recently. Google it and you'll find a slew of problems.

I just read some of the rants on this update. For the love of God, why did MS think it was a good idea to do this?? Mind boggling.
Quote Reply