Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I love seeing Glenn Beck lose it.
Quote | Reply
I used to really like him, but his self rightreous and self destructive sanctimonious crap has gotten old in the last two years. He seemed to bet it all on this guy (Cruz) and now Beck might be on what amounts to suicide watch.

For the very first time I heard Ted Cruz calculate. And when that happened, the whole thing fell apart for me,” he lamented. “It’s my fault for believing men can actually be George Washington. It’s my fault.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/...ump-endorsement.html

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: I love seeing Glenn Beck lose it. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omg. That was funny. Buckets of blood.

Slight quibble with you in that I think he went off the rocker much further back than two years. I liked him when he had a TV show on fox about ten years ago. I took his schtick as being tongue in cheek. Now I think he is insane and believes himself to be some kind of messiah.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: I love seeing Glenn Beck lose it. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has been heading this way for a good decade, but like you I thought it was a personality inspired schtick. Sort of like my deal here. Sure, I'm insane, narcisstic, sociopathic, combative, conflicted, potentially self destructive but brilliant. Theforge is just a manifestation of all that. In real life, people only see the brilliant and conflicted part of my persona. I assumed that was his thing, but then it got self destructive. I mean, the downfall of the blaze became predictable about two years ago yet shouldn't have happened, and any objective observer could see it. That was when it became apparent, it wasn't a schtick

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least he didn't start crying.

It looks like he is in the Oval office. Maybe he has delusions of grandeur.
Quote Reply
Re: I love seeing Glenn Beck lose it. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I caught that to. A replica of the Oval office? Why?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pacing around the Oval Office replica was freakishly bizarre. (The whole thing was bizarre.)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: I love seeing Glenn Beck lose it. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pacing around the Oval Office replica was freakishly bizarre.

Beck has a portrait of George Washington in his version of the Oval office but I don't think there is one in the real one, or at least in the same spot.

I think that proves Beck deserves to be President more than Obama.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
The pacing around the Oval Office replica was freakishly bizarre.

Beck has a portrait of George Washington in his version of the Oval office but I don't think there is one in the real one, or at least in the same spot.

I think that proves Beck deserves to be President more than Obama.

Of course there isn't a portrait of Washington there now. Everyone knows the current occupant of the white house has photos of Lenin, Stalin and Hitler. That and some of the Muslim imams. Oh, and Britney Spears. He's a perv.
Quote Reply
Re: I love seeing Glenn Beck lose it. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
The pacing around the Oval Office replica was freakishly bizarre. (The whole thing was bizarre.)

It could have been a scene from some James Bond movie where he is the evil genius. Kinda like Blofeld from last James Bond.

For anyone who did not see the second video on the daily beast article, I append it, cued up to start at the buckets of blood part (1:19): ,

If Cruz had gotten the nomination, Beck would have been worse for him than Jeremiah Wright was for Obama

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: I love seeing Glenn Beck lose it. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

It could have been a scene from some James Bond movie where he is the evil genius. Kinda like Blofeld from last James Bond.

For anyone who did not see the second video on the daily beast article, I append it, cued up to start at the buckets of blood part (1:19): ,

If Cruz had gotten the nomination, Beck would have been worse for him than Jeremiah Wright was for Obama

Uh, no. At the end of the day, Glenn Beck was a shock jock who sobered up and became a right wing radio host with conspiracy leaning. While he may have literally gone insane, he is still just an entertainer, even if he thinks he is more. Jeremiah Wright was a racist bigot with a very powerful position in the community Obama entered the political arena. He therefore represents the members of the community that attend his church, among them, Obama and Michelle for 20 years. He is much more emblematical of Obama than glenn beck is of Cruz. But Cruz's faults have been on full display.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, pardon my hyperbole.

________
Quote Reply