Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Small biz owners - What experiences (good or bad) do you have with Thumbtack?
Quote | Reply
Any of you small biz peeps used Thumbtack to acquire more business? Have you had success or found it was a complete waste of time?
Quote Reply
Re: Small biz owners - What experiences (good or bad) do you have with Thumbtack? [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a lower end version of any number of sites out there we have tried for manufacturing. In every case what you end up with is 100 companies fighting for a single job. Lots of places we have dealt with just use these sites as hammers to beat their current vendors with.

That being said I suppose if you're in more of a B2C rather then a B2B it may be more effective.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Small biz owners - What experiences (good or bad) do you have with Thumbtack? [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Any of you small biz peeps used Thumbtack to acquire more business? Have you had success or found it was a complete waste of time?

In a business line that would not benefit but I'm curious to know what you do currently to advertise and acquire customers?

Do you use any sales automation to follow up with customers to increase repeat business?
Quote Reply
Re: Small biz owners - What experiences (good or bad) do you have with Thumbtack? [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goobdog wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:

In a business line that would not benefit but I'm curious to know what you do currently to advertise and acquire customers?

Do you use any sales automation to follow up with customers to increase repeat business?

Other than my website's, I don't advertise directly. I do have a marketing company through my lab (for my team & individual sports photography) that handles my sales. I am involved in local business networking groups that help further development. And, there is also word of mouth.
Quote Reply