Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
H- wrote:
Ok. But be patient with Duffy and slowguy as fireworks combined with drive-by shootings in Sweden are exciting news to folks in Southern California. They get drive-byes daily, but fireworks are rare as they are banned because of the drought.

I don't live in Southern California, and I can't control what the news reports. If it makes you and Halvard feel better about yourselves by denying what was actually reported in the first place, that says more about you than about me or Duffy.

Sorry, I assumed you and Duffy lived near each other as you appear to be on the same grumpy cycle.

I didn't deny anything. I simply quoted headlines that made no mention of an explosion and pointed out that the article linked made no mention of any explosion (other than fireworks). I asked you because you said there was an explosion mentioned in the title and I did not see that. Lighten up francis.

But now that we all know that there was a shooting at a soccer match and fireworks later nearby, what was the point of this thread? Subject: "attack in Sweden - - - gun shots then explosion." P1: A link to a story that makes no mention of any explosion other than fireworks (but I assume it did make such mention in earlier version). P2: Probably Rastafarians?

Rather sensational. Where was Duffy going? Did this start looking like another islamic terrorist attack? Violence at a soccer match and later fireworks aren't too noteworthy. I'm a huge fan of Duffy's threads -- I check them all (and all your excellent movie reviews) -- but I'm not getting this one.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
H- wrote:
Ok. But be patient with Duffy and slowguy as fireworks combined with drive-by shootings in Sweden are exciting news to folks in Southern California. They get drive-byes daily, but fireworks are rare as they are banned because of the drought.

I don't live in Southern California, and I can't control what the news reports. If it makes you and Halvard feel better about yourselves by denying what was actually reported in the first place, that says more about you than about me or Duffy.

It's kind of weird.

"Hey look at what this news outlet says..."

"You're an idiot!!!!!! This other news outlet didn't say that!!!!"

"Oh, ok. But I just told you what I saw."

"Ha ha! You lose!!!!! You're an idiot!!!!"

Really strange.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But now that we all know that there was a shooting at a soccer match and fireworks later nearby, what was the point of this thread?

The point of the thread was that, at the time the thread was actually posted, there were reports of both the shooting and an explosion. Those reports did not state that it was just fireworks, because that information was unknown at the time.

Quote:
Violence at a soccer match and later fireworks aren't too noteworthy.

It's really not that difficult. At the time this thread was started, we didn't know it was just fireworks. The news reports stated that there was a reported explosion, and that police were investigating. It put both these items in the same news report, because clearly the media also thought that these might be two related events.

We have since received more information. That changes things, but you can't really go back and judge the opening posts of the thread based on information that wasn't available when they were written.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Halvard could have simply said beyond this article I'm not hearing anything about it, so as far as I know, there hasn't been a major incident. But no, he had to do what he normally does, look like an ass.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
we didn't know it was just fireworks

Sorry, but check the forum rules, and I quote:

Quote:
"we didn't know" shall not be a defense to razzing when a thread does not go the way planned

I started this thread being confused, then kidding you guys. Sorry if my manner was obtuse. Halvard on the other hand was just being Halvard as far as I can tell.

Still waiting for veganerd to chime in about jumping to conclusions.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
we didn't know it was just fireworks

Sorry, but check the forum rules, and I quote:

Quote:
"we didn't know" shall not be a defense to razzing when a thread does not go the way planned

I started this thread being confused, then kidding you guys. Sorry if my manner was obtuse. Halvard on the other hand was just being Halvard as far as I can tell.

Still waiting for veganerd to chime in about jumping to conclusions.

So it wasn't Rastafarians?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
It was a drive by. It was obviously black people.
Your are racist and a bed Canadian. Everybody knows that we are not racist because it is 2016.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Your are racist and a bed Canadian. Everybody knows that we are not racist because it is 2016.

What is a 'bed Canadian". Whatever its is, I guess it is someone who can speil better than you.

:)
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
softrun wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

What is a 'bed Canadian". Whatever its is, I guess it is someone who can speil better than you.

I think you mean bedder. Spiel bedder then yew.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
softrun wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I think you mean bedder. Spiel bedder then yew.

Dang it! That would have been perfect considering his typo.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Conclusion: no explosion in Malmo yesterday "

Yeah, but still four people shot, not to mention 70 car burnings in Malmo over the summer. Sweden's approach to mass immigration/integration from the middle east doesn't seem to be working out all the well for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"Conclusion: no explosion in Malmo yesterday "

Yeah, but still four people shot, not to mention 70 car burnings in Malmo over the summer. Sweden's approach to mass immigration/integration from the middle east doesn't seem to be working out all the well for them.

Is that from the BBC?

If it wasn't reported by BBC it didn't happen.

For example, the top of my head did not get sunburned today. Really. No mention by BBC whatsoever.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Duffy wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/714291/Malmo-gun-attack-shooting-Sweden-several-injured

Probably Rastafarians.

Of course you could have tried to get you facts straight. It is not that hard.

What are you talking about?

Was it Amish people?

So where did you pick up the link about an explosion?

And more interesting. It was no explosion. Again, get your facts straight. It is not that hard.

Well now you just sound silly. Did you read the article he provided? It mentions an explosion in Malmo right in the title and then says that the explosion occurred outside the city at roughly 9pm. It was a separate event from the shooting, and may or may not have been connected. If you read the full article, you'll see reference to it.

If you're going to let Duffy push your buttons, then you can't make yourself look dumb by not having the facts straight.

If there was an explosion in Sweden that event should be all over Swedish media.
I read Swedish and no explosion is mention.

Maybe the right thing to do is to check you sources and then check with other sources.
An explosion in any part of Scandinavia would have gather a lot of media in Scandinavia and also in Europe.

Feel free to check SVT http://www.svt.se/nyheter/ or BBC.com

I bet you think you're really cool linking to shit 99.9999999% of Slowtwitch can't read.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He can speak the Sweedish. At this point I'm surprised you haven't given him a Tom Green meme yet. I can't imagine being as bored as he must have been when you posted this.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
He can speak the Sweedish. At this point I'm surprised you haven't given him a Tom Green meme yet. I can't imagine being as bored as he must have been when you posted this.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bum is on the Swedish. My bum is on the Swedish. I could think of a lot of childish crap I would do the Halvard that he wouldn't like. Wiping my ass on him is one of them.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Halvard wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Duffy wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/714291/Malmo-gun-attack-shooting-Sweden-several-injured

Probably Rastafarians.

Of course you could have tried to get you facts straight. It is not that hard.

What are you talking about?

Was it Amish people?

So where did you pick up the link about an explosion?

And more interesting. It was no explosion. Again, get your facts straight. It is not that hard.

Well now you just sound silly. Did you read the article he provided? It mentions an explosion in Malmo right in the title and then says that the explosion occurred outside the city at roughly 9pm. It was a separate event from the shooting, and may or may not have been connected. If you read the full article, you'll see reference to it.

If you're going to let Duffy push your buttons, then you can't make yourself look dumb by not having the facts straight.

If there was an explosion in Sweden that event should be all over Swedish media.
I read Swedish and no explosion is mention.

Maybe the right thing to do is to check you sources and then check with other sources.
An explosion in any part of Scandinavia would have gather a lot of media in Scandinavia and also in Europe.

Feel free to check SVT http://www.svt.se/nyheter/ or BBC.com

I bet you think you're really cool linking to shit 99.9999999% of Slowtwitch can't read.

I assuming that 99.99% of people on Slowtwich know how to use Google Translate.

But I did not know it was bad to know Swedish and to read Swedish sources when the question was about an event in Sweden.
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shut up, all of you.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Google translate is a piece of crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But I did not know it was bad to know Swedish and to read Swedish sources when the question was about an event in Sweden.

It's bad to be a pompous ass.

It's bad to post a link on a forum in a language that almost none of the members speak to prove that a news story isn't there.

You're either a stuck up prick or totally tone deaf.

Pick one.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Attack in Sweden... gun shots then explosion... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

It's bad to be a pompous ass.

It's bad to post a link on a forum in a language that almost none of the members speak to prove that a news story isn't there.

You're either a stuck up prick or totally tone deaf.

Pick one.

Both.

Quote Reply

Prev Next