Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like USAT has dropped the ball on a number of things in the past year or years.

1. Vendors at expos
2. age group doping
3. Elite qualification standards for a World Championship on home soil.
4. What little support they had for LC focused elite athletes

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
It seems like USAT has dropped the ball on a number of things in the past year or years.

1. Vendors at expos
2. age group doping
3. Elite qualification standards for a World Championship on home soil.

And, what appear to be, effed up changes to the Bylaws that govern the sport.

As a long time USAT member, I'm beginning wonder WTF is going on in Colorado Springs..

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, it would be nice to be rewarded for being a more 'rounded' triathlete :-)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your willingness to call attention to your own ignorance of all things not WTC related is admirable. Such pride in ignorance is usually the domain of politics.
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone tell me if there were wave starts for this race? with different age groups/genders starting at different times?
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. there was about a 6 minute gap between female pros and our wave (only 1 paraAthlete). Copy & pasting:

1. Elite Males 7:28 AM
  2. Elite Females 7:32 AM
  3. Para ParaAthlete 1 7:33 AM
  4. Qualifying Males, 44 and under 2 7:38 AM
  5. Qualifying Males, 45 and over 3 7:41 AM
  6. Qualifying Females, 44 and under 4 7:44 AM
  7. Qualifying Females, 45 and over 5 7:47 AM
  8. Citizen Males & Females, all long distance 6 7:50 AM
  9. Citizen Males & Females, all mid distance 7 9:00 AM

Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike how difficult was it to get lost on the bike course? someone I know took a wrong turn and Im curious to get a 2nd opinion. Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [cantswim24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Almere? Impossible I think from memory. It was two laps from memory of a square. No tricky turns etc. I can't imagine anyone getting lost.
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was posted on the USAT website in January: https://www.teamusa.org/...thlete-Qualification

Criteria for LC Worlds Qualification:
Long Distance Triathlon Worlds: Oklahoma City, OK, USA – September 24-25, 2016
Qualification Event: Ironman 70.3 St. George (US Pro Championship) – St. George, UT – May 7, 2016
Qualification Procedure: Top 3 Americans per gender who finish in the top 5% of the winning time will achieve automatic qualification. Remaining team slots will be selected via discretionary selection.
The following criteria shall be used for discretionary selection. The criteria are listed in priority order:

1. Finish place in the qualification event;
2. 70.3 Pro Ranking;
3. Other results from competitive long course triathlon international events.

Request for Discretionary Nomination: August 1, 2016 Athlete Support: Performance-based bonus will be available for athletes who achieve a podium finish.

We did have pay an entry fee. They gave us a Team USA uniform. We had to pay for screening of sponsor logos ($8 a logo). They did it for us and then sent it to you.

Emily Cocks
http://emilycocks.com/
The Triathlon Preview Show
Last edited by: swimmerwhotris: Sep 28, 16 6:36
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. That was a really well marked and heavily patrolled bike course. Even the one spot where you either turned to do a second loop of the square or go back into town had both signs and people directing you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having read your post and actually competing in the OKC race on September 24th, I think that there definitely was a strong field including some notable pros (Crowie, Swallow) to name a couple.

The outright winner won on merit and therefore deserves his accolades. His times seems about right for the conditions of the race.

The swim was no joke, I have never in my life swam anything like that, it was purely about survival, it had all the elements, non wetsuit, windy, chop, poor visibility and turbid water.

Swim times were off the chart, I did notice one extraordinary swim Amy Stretton with a 55.29, she beat all pro men and even put almost 8 minutes on Jodie Swallow. She won first female 30-34.

The bike was windy, it had a fast out 40k but on the turnaround loop you paid for it!

The run was hot, but no different from the Redman of last year.

All in all I had no complaints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see your postings mature over the next 10-20 years, if your anger at most things triathlon doesn't drive you away first.

This is a great sport and a healthy lifestyle for many, many people. Most of whom are not as smart as you. We get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Is ITU Long Course World Champs a complete joke? [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect we share more of that rage than not, Senor Pelota.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Brian,

FWIW - In Canada this is the same.

Let's be honest, most of the best long distance triathletes in the world focus on the Ironmna and 70.3 races - just facts!

If you are a pro and an elite athlete, and you do this ( think someone like Lionel Sanders), then with regards to Triathlon Canada, it's almost like you don't exist! I don't know about this now ( perhaps the follow has changed yes/no?), but even just a short time ago, if you were this sort of athlete, you were residing out-side of an active testing pool for PED's. Not implying or reading anything into this, just stating facts.

I've heard that in other countries it's different.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Oct 3, 16 6:53
Quote Reply

Prev Next