Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ted Cruz for Trump!
Quote | Reply
Quote:
“After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump,” Mr. Cruz wrote in a statement posted on Facebook.

I gather he searched and found nothing.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:
“After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump,” Mr. Cruz wrote in a statement posted on Facebook.

That's funny :-) Quite the ringing endorsement. After months of painful struggle, Lyin' Ted has decided to endorse. Nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience

Translation:

"I think the Republican Party will hold it against me when I run for President in 2020 so instead of clinging to the last sliver of credibility for standing up for what I believe in, I've decided to take my chances and hope I can fool enough voters into believing I am doing this for the good of the country."

P.S - It has nothing to do with the improving polls that show Trump might win...
Last edited by: Sanuk: Sep 23, 16 13:43
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience

Translation:

"I think the Republican Party will hold it against me when I run for President in 2020 so instead of clinging to the last sliver of credibility for standing up for what I believe in, I've decided to take my chances and hope I can fool enough voters into believing I am doing this for the good of the country."

P.S - It has nothing to do with the improving polls that show Trump might win...

Those same polls that show his chances tanking over the past three days, wiping out any gains he might have made?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those same polls that show his chances tanking over the past three days, wiping out any gains he might have made?

I think the polls are completely wrong because they typically deal on a national level and not by the electoral system and that Clinton will win comfortably. However, since her health issue last week, her numbers have gone down and I don't think it's a co-incidence that Cruz steps out now after such a long period of silence.

This is simply a calculation on his part in case Trump wins or loses by a small margin, in which case he will be blamed for not providing the support that might have made a difference. If Clinton maintained the large margins from earlier, he would have stayed silent.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Sep 23, 16 14:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I think the polls are completely wrong because they typically deal on a national level and not by the electoral system and that Clinton will win comfortably. However, since her health issue last week, her numbers have gone down and I don't think it's a co-incidence that Cruz steps out now after such a long period of silence.

This is simply a calculation on his part in case Trump wins or loses by a small margin, in which case he will be blamed for not providing the support that might have made a difference. If Clinton maintained the large margins from earlier, he would have stayed silent.

That's why one doesn't look at individual polls; rather, one looks at trends and aggregations and analyses. Or, you just go to fivethirtyeight.com and let them do the work.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:

FTW!

Sniveling Coward in 2016.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
klehner wrote:
Quote:

That's funny :-) Quite the ringing endorsement. After months of painful struggle, Lyin' Ted has decided to endorse. Nice.

I'm not sure anyone could really call that an endorsement.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reince Preibus, has been saying for two weeks now that all candidates share a mutual information contract that among other things says that RNC resources will only be available during the primary if they agree to endorse the eventual winner. I think it also extends to other things and is a legally binding contract. He stated in a couple shows that didn't seem to make the front page of any news sources that it would be enforced on anybody who doesn't get on board pretty much destroying any future access to mailing list, RNC resources, etc. They would basically have to pull a trump like insurgency to make the debates let alone win. That is what I believe forced the hand. People like ted cruz have to win reelection and need as many mailing lists, email contacts, and even funding as possible. This article mentions that buried in a bunch of other less significant consequences, but of all of them, the access to information is the most important.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...reat/article/2602344

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
zed707 wrote:
klehner wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure anyone could really call that an endorsement.

No one who was being honest, that's for sure. It's like when Paul Ryan said he would vote for the GOP nominee and people said he finally endorsed Trump. Uh, no. That's not what "endorsement" means.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder how long Kasich will hold out ...

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like Cruz would endorse a woman...

Quote | Reply

Depends on the polls...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, I had respect for Ted Cruz for having the spine to say Vote with your Conscience during the Republican convention. Trump represents a pendulum swing back towards the right, but so far right that I think it will be ultimately damaging for the Nation.
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next up, you.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
shit that's uncomfortable to look at! Creepy as hell!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so fucked up

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz for Trump! [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Duffy wrote:
shit that's uncomfortable to look at! Creepy as hell!

Why is he attacking that underage girl? Oh, it's his daughter. That explains the reaction..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Depends on the polls...

What's the latest line on Trump needing Ohio?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turns out Cruz has been renting out his email lists to Trump for quite some time, and handsomely profiting too. ...

Quote:
The buying and selling of email addresses is standard fare in modern politics — but less typical among bitter rivals. After Cruz failed to back Trump at the convention, he told the Texas delegation he would not “go like a servile puppy dog” and simply endorse after Trump had “slandered” his family.

“I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father,” Cruz said then. He had been by renting Trump his email list for more than a month.

http://www.politico.com/...trump-payback-228651
Quote Reply