Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DILLON!!!!
Quote | Reply
Not shooting much in the last few years and shooting maybe 200 rounds a month I never bothered unpacking my reloading equipment. It was Lee and for beginners but worked for me in the past.

Smelling long hours of training every week coming to an end come November and putting more rounds down range I pulled the trigger on a Dillon. Their headquarters is 4 miles from my house and I often run past it on my runs. So I stopped in. I always bought my components from them. So now I can so without the shipping cost and without the hazmat fees. While I was at it. I bought two mags for my 226 for 10-15 less than anybody else.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: DILLON!!!! [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
550B?

It's on my list of things to get. I shot 100rds yesterday, but less than 1k for the year.

I would shoot more--even at 9mm its considerably cheaper.

Related- I shot the 320 for the 1st time. Nice gun. I consistently shot 3-4 inches low on it. I'm used to a center sight picture. Do you have the target obscured by the front sight?

More probable option is that I am not used to the DAO and was anticipating the shot prematurely.

I would like a heavier guide rod and maybe a lighter spring.--no trigger work at this point.

Where to find these items?
Quote Reply
Re: DILLON!!!! [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get A couple hundred in as that could be it. With that said, a lot of experienced shooters who switch to sigs encounter this very issue. Sigs are originally designed as combat guns and the center picture is what you have at 25 yards. So at 7 yards it would be low. You will find that happy medium after you have put rounds down range.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took my 320 out with the threaded barrel and suppressor sights and finally tested the suppressor on it. Pretty solid out to 15 yards. Not like a .45, but definitely tight. Took that 226 that I just fitted a suppressor barrel. That had the tightest 9mm groups I've ever had with and without the suppressor. I think the issue with the 320 is the grip I have to hold. I have to rest my left thumb on top of the base of my right thumb to not hit the slide lock. I've somewhat applied that to all my guns to remove variance between guns. It seems to be working now that I'm getting used to it on all guns. I was shooting almost strictly p-series guns for the last 6 months so when I would switch to a 320 at random, I would hold the thumb against the frame like I used to.

I haven't shot a glock in almost a year. I wonder how that would play out. Also, my 290 DAO pocket gun pretty good out to 10. I haven't taken it beyond that. No need to with a pocket gun. Getting consistent head shots on a silhouette. Experimented with some 150 gr HST rounds. Yes, 150 in a 9mm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried desperately to find my old notes on paper but they were in spreadsheets I a.m crashed computer so staring a little lower Than some ok plinking loads I had scrawled in some loading books. Interestingly my individual powder dispenser was set at 26.1 grains of Varget on a 55 grain bullet for .223. That is the upper end of the spectrum to do without notes so I'll tear some good solid loads I have plenty of bites on. Varget is cool because you can't overcharge it. You could technically dip the cartridge in powder to just under the brim compressing the powder with no issue. But don't really need a 3250 fps round. Would be off from factory. I can load up some 68 grain match loads for some easy distance shooting out to 500-600.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since this first post, I have loaded over 1000 rounds of 9mm, 500 of .45 and about 300 .223. And have managed to shoot most of it supplemented with factory ammo. That is a lot of trigger time in the last 3 months without having competed. While competing I managed to get in about 100 and 100 in competition for rifle and pistol (shotgun in 3 gun is sort of like the swim in triathlon). And about 100-150 in extra pistol and 75 - 100 rifle for practice. The Dillon has made it so easy to churn out pistol loads I have now dialed in a good 124 load for competition. 147 for suppressors. And my old faithful .223 rounds. Managed to make about 100 .308 and 7.62 rounds this weekend. Haven't taken the M1A, Bolt Rifle or a FAL out in nearly 5 years, so its time. Thankfully my trusty M1A recipe was written on the side of a container, so that is all good. And I found ample support for a 44-45 grain Varget load, which from various notes I stored up may have been that load which worked real well in bolt and FAL. Was a little hot for the M1A, not dangerous, but moved that action rough.

But now I have a new round I want to work with. 300 AAC in subsonic. I noticed brass was almost as expensive as buying brand new rounds and firing them off. I like the round at both super and subsonic speeds. I now have that extra rifle receiver, so it is definitely getting registered for SBR.

Quote Reply