Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [sammydog1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race is not on the schedule...that tells you all you need to know. Whether it is WTC, Challenge, Rev3, HITS or Toughman ... they are all over the media when they have a new race to announce, but they are as quiet as a church mouse when they drop one.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [sammydog1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toughman didnt purchase tupper lake this year. theyre going back to just Tinman Tupper Lake with the half/olympic/sprint. its still the last weekend of June. the 24th I think
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:
Toughman didnt purchase tupper lake this year. theyre going back to just Tinman Tupper Lake with the half/olympic/sprint. its still the last weekend of June. the 24th I think

Did toughman not puchase tupper lake, or did tupper lake not purchase Toughman? I am not aware that toughman "purchases" races. It is the races that purchase to be
included in toughman, I believe. Some RD's think that can do it better alone, well, we shall see.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for info. 35th year for Tupper Lake. Wonder what issue was for them to drop them
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Very cool we actually have a non WTC series growing.

You mean like:
Challenge
Rev3
Ocean Lava

That's just the strongly branded series I can think of. There are many RD's who put on multiple event race series across the globe.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

You mean like:
Challenge
Rev3
Ocean Lava

That's just the strongly branded series I can think of. There are many RD's who put on multiple event race series across the globe.

There's a slight distinction between a series and a collection of events even though some use the former as if it were the latter. WTC and Toughman both lead to a Championship race regardless of the difference in competitive quality. Challenge and Rev3 do not. I never heard of Ocean Lava but I looked at their difficult to interpret website and it appears they too are a just a collection of events rather than a series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

You mean like:
Challenge
Rev3
Ocean Lava

I wouldn't say Rev3 is growing.
From a US perspective, obviously Challenge and Ocean Lava are non-existent. But I get internationally Challenge is big. I know nothing of Ocean Lava.

Seems WTC and Challenge are the big guys on the block overall. I just know in the US, WTC has obviously gobbled up some independent races and many other smaller races have closed up shop. I'm doing my first Rev3 next year and a local half distance. So I try to support different races but WTC does put on a good race most of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Challenge has a half championship event in Samorin.
Some would argue Roth is it's own championship too...

My point is people tend not to look beyond their little bubble of events and assume nothing else is out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

You mean like:
Challenge
Rev3
Ocean Lava

Challenge is growing?

Rev3 is growing?

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Challenge has a half championship event in Samorin.
Some would argue Roth is it's own championship too...

My point is people tend not to look beyond their little bubble of events and assume nothing else is out there.

Roth is not, but it could be and should be. Total -- marketing - failure!
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Challenge is growing?
Rev3 is growing?

Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Challenge is growing?
Rev3 is growing?

Yes.

Who knew? Rev 3 has just 7 venues on their 2017 location -- down from before they teamed up with Challenge. And from a US perspective, Challenge no longer exists in this country although they have a very healthy list of offerings outside of the U.S.

That said, I have nothing against either company; and I have 3 Challenge races on my to-do list that I highly doubt WTC will ever take from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Challenge is growing?
Rev3 is growing?

Yes.

Who knew? Rev 3 has just 7 venues on their 2017 location -- down from before they teamed up with Challenge. And from a US perspective, Challenge no longer exists in this country although they have a very healthy list of offerings outside of the U.S.

That said, I have nothing against either company; and I have 3 Challenge races on my to-do list that I highly doubt WTC will ever take from them.

Yep, how can Rev 3 be growing when they have fewer races?

How can challenge be growing when so many in the US are gone?

Quote Reply

Prev Next