Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More power dropped in?
Quote | Reply
I cant stand riding on my base bars. Even when on the trainer. I gain noticable power when Im dropped in. I would love it if I could fashon break levers on my extensions.
Fyi 100% of my riding is almost completly flat .
Does any one here find it easier to make power when your dropped into aero position?
Quote Reply
Re: More power dropped in? [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
I cant stand riding on my base bars. Even when on the trainer. I gain noticable power when Im dropped in. I would love it if I could fashon break levers on my extensions.
Does any one here find it easier to make power when your dropped into aero position?

not sure if you are looking for advice re: 3rd brake lever or if you find it easier to make power on the extensions.

the former is possible, and i think both Zabrieski and Basso did it (see below)

as for the latter, it depends. how aero is your position? If it's in the low 0.2x range, you may be fortunate as most would lose a bit of power riding in that aero a position. If it's in the middle 0.2x range, not that big of a surprise. If all you do is ride on the extensions, then it stands to reason that you've adapted for that position.
Quote Reply
Re: More power dropped in? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ill have to check that out. I cant make out that pic , looks bulky unless thats some linkage for the resistance on the trainer?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
those are for braking from the extensions. not sure if it has anything to do with riding on the trainer though. Personally i'd stay away from brakes on the extensions as it would put your body in a very awkward position to counteract the braking.
Quote Reply
Re: More power dropped in? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idk right now when I break I only remove one hand off the extensions to reach for the break lever. What is that bulky object with the numbers and lever? It looks like it has hard linkage arm going strait down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the resistance wheel of the simple tacx trainer

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More power or not it seems like making power and braking are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm sure there is a situation where you need to brake and make power but I can't think of it.

Seems to me that if your in a situation where you need to brake you also need more control which the base bars offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED makes a "3rd brake lever" kit. It's tough to set it up cleanly IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: More power dropped in? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
HED makes a "3rd brake lever" kit. It's tough to set it up cleanly IMO.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:

I am going to ask why you want to do this? There should be no reason for you to be wanting to put out power AND want to brake at the same time, so why do you want your brakes in the position where you produce your best power? When I am braking, I am not pedaling hard and if you are, you are doing something really wrong. I mean just get out of aero and brake, it will be a much more stable position to brake harder.
Quote Reply
Re: More power dropped in? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One has nothing to do with the other. I dont build power and break at the same time lol. I just feal more comfortable in the aero bars , Even in a hair pin turn. When Im breaking I reach for the break with one hand and leave the other on the extension. If I had a break on my extensions, I would never get out of them except for when approaching t2 . As far as power goes , I was just asking if anyone else here felt like they build more power when dropped in the extensions. I do , even on the trainer the moment I sit up I loose 4-5 rpm and feel my quads pump.
Quote Reply