Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: World Cup of Hockey [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it also. As one of the Canadian national writers (Sean McIndoe) noted the other day, they have improved the technology from previous years so it is not a shaky grainy image and now gives a much cleaner and clearer view.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i admit...when the commies went up a goal I was nervous like a long tailed cat in a rocking chair store
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but like 90 seconds later it was all good again :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canada was just too strong for Russia. They have far more depth and just keep coming and the only thing keeping Russia in the game was their solid goaltending. Having a hot goalie is the only chance anyone has right now. Canada has been dominant since the 2010 Olympics and there is no sign of that letting up.
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That only works if there's a loonie buried under centre ice. The moment that goes away, we lose our mojo.
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
That only works if there's a loonie buried under centre ice. The moment that goes away, we lose our mojo.

Pretty sure there was no loonie in Sochi.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who would have ever thought Team Europe would be in the Final! I watched their exhibition game against Team NA and they had no answer for their speed/skill, Chara looked every bit of his 39 years. They've come together as a team as the tournament has gone on.

Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
The ref cam is starting to grow me. Didn't like it at first. But the ref cam replay of Crosby's goal v Russia was exceptional.

Ref cam replay on Marchand goal tonight was awesome.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well that was not a very well played game by Canada - kudos to Team Europe for playing a smart game (i'd say they even carried the play most of the second period)
unfortunately for the other teams, even when Canada doesnt show up, we've still got the worlds best goalie standing in the way (it kinda isnt fair really)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also how great has the Crosby line been?!
as a Canuck fan its exceedingly hard to cheer for Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron (yes we are still stuck in 2011 - leave us alone)
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
You either have your head in the sand and don't have a clue what you are talking about or you are in complete denial as to what is going on.

The Leafs probably won't make the playoffs this year. But they will be competitive. Soon they will be good. Really good.

There will be room on the bandwagon for you though.

This must be quoted for future generations of slowtwichians.

Your delusions are up there with Forgie's.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup of Hockey [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
BLeP wrote:
You either have your head in the sand and don't have a clue what you are talking about or you are in complete denial as to what is going on.

The Leafs probably won't make the playoffs this year. But they will be competitive. Soon they will be good. Really good.

There will be room on the bandwagon for you though.

This must be quoted for future generations of slowtwichians.

Your delusions are up there with Forgie's.

Keep watching.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meh....the Leafs will find some way to mess it up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as a Canuck fan its exceedingly hard to cheer for Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron (yes we are still stuck in 2011 - leave us alone)

Will agree on Marchand (this coming from a Bruins fan), great speed and hands but I hate the other crap he brings; Bergeron is a such a great all-around player and does so many things well. You'll like having Loui riding shotgun with the Sedins though, always finds open ice and great on the power play.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Leafs probably won't make the playoffs this year. But they will be competitive.

If you can't make one of the 16 playoffs spots in the NHL, the team sucks.

Soon they will be good. Really good.

The Leafs have been gearing up for the future since 1968...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
The Leafs probably won't make the playoffs this year. But they will be competitive.

If you can't make one of the 16 playoffs spots in the NHL, the team sucks.

Uh, no shit Sherlock. They came last in the NHL last year. Picked up the #1 pick in the draft. Last year, they sucked.

Sanuk wrote:
Soon they will be good. Really good.

The Leafs have been gearing up for the future since 1968...

Uh huh. And if you actually followed hockey at all you'd see what they are building and think the same that I do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh huh. And if you actually followed hockey at all you'd see what they are building and think the same that I do.

I spent the first 35 years of my life in Southern Ontario so I have followed the Leafs a little. Almost every year of my life has been the same.

If they miss the playoffs, it's wait until next year. If they do make it and lose, it's really a success because no one expected them to be there and they are rebuilding.

In 2013, after their collapse against the Bruins, there was no shortage of comments all summer about how young they were and how the future looked so good. Well, that didn't turn out too well. Every year the missing piece of the puzzle is either a new coach, new goaltender, new forward, new GM etc., etc.

Considering what has happened in the last 49 years, I'd say the odds favour another disappointing year for Leaf fans.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Sep 28, 16 13:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
.Considering what has happened in the last 49 years, I'd say the odds favour another disappointing year for Leaf fans.

Well given that Leafs fans have no expectations the chances of us being disappointed are slim.

Do yourself a favour. Go watch highlights of Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, William Nylander, Morgan Reilly and Nikita Zaitsev.

Will this team make the playoffs? Probably not this year. But they will be exciting to watch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the collapse against the Bruins, and while the team was young and played better than expected, the way the lost crushed that team. I said after the game was tied going into overtime that regardless of who won, that they had just scarred their psyche to the point that that team would never feel safe with any lead. Had they lost in some other way they may have had a chance, but after the way they lost it that young team was over. By next Christmas they were blowing up the team to start over again.

I do think this current rebuild is one of the better ones I have seen since the late 80s/early 90s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite a finish last night with Canada digging deep at the end to pull it out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Quite a finish last night with Canada digging deep at the end to pull it out.

It shouldn't have been that close. Canada has the best forwards, the best defence and the best goalie. They played like crap and won.

Quote Reply

Prev Next