Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chamois cream that doesn't wash off during swim? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trislide
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream that doesn't wash off during swim? [thisgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bag balm... & it is cheap
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream that doesn't wash off during swim? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of the Assos cream. Stays on well for most distances if applied liberally. For IM I put some in one of those squeeze containers you get at somewhere like REI and in the transition tent squirt a bunch onto the chamois after the swim. Given the length of the swim I just completed and length of the ride ahead, I feel its worth the extra 10 seconds

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know, I'm late to the party :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 2Toms SportShield roll-on. (then again if other stuff works for you, then no reason to)

I've tried every product listed except Brave Soldier. Anything with petroleum jelly or oil I won't put near an expensive wetsuit. (That said, for training rides it's fine).

For IMs, regardless of salt/fresh, hot/cold, etc. 2Toms still holds up after the entire event. Nothing else I've tried does.

Every person I've turned on to it, without exception, has stuck with it.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use ChafeX. I apply it the night before a race and it lasts through a 140.6. I found it at Tri-Mania last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream that doesn't wash off during swim? [IndoIronYanti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IndoIronYanti wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned 2Toms SportShield roll-on. (then again if other stuff works for you, then no reason to)

Hmm, that's about the only one I haven't heard of. While Brave Soldier is working for me, I might try that one out of curiosity.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream that doesn't wash off during swim? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered some hammer seat saver, used it for the first time the other day. I rode a couple of hours and showered, couldn't get the stuff to wash off and it seemed to do ok on the ride. I actually didn't like the fact that it wouldn't wash off very easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream that doesn't wash off during swim? [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used Aquaphor too and it works well.

One thing though I ran across quite by accident though is diaper rash cream.

My kids were WAY past diapers and I ran out of chamois cream so I tried a spare tube of Destin cream and it works great. It's probably the exact same as Aquaphor but you can get it with zinc that'll help rashes too. It'll wash out but it takes some scrubbing.

https://www.desitin.com/diaper-rash-products/multi-purpose-ointment

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morgan Blue ... although I have a suspicion that it's just A+D put into a different tub :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next