Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take that bet. Put me down for another 5 large. I need to make up for my losses on my last O/U...
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Perhaps one day we will both wake up and drugs really are the secret to a longer and healthier life, and we can train like 30 year olds again, and no one really cares anymore. But until then RIP my fellow triathlon zombie..

One can only hope...
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [DTC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shut the fuck up and get yourself a tri bike....you re not allowed to leave!
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Depending on the condition of your ankle, have you considered furthering your career with Aquabike events?

On a somewhat serious note, I suppose so. It just doesn't have quite the same hold on me as the "full" triathlon.

I suspect a lot of bike riding will be in my future. I'm looking forward to that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GREAT thread!!! I literally read this outloud to my wife because this could be me writing it (granted I haven't pussed out yet...but with my injury history, I will). As well my wife and I just bought a vacation/golf home (in Nevada though). My wife is NOT a "fitness person"...as she walked around eating pizza as I read this to her.

(I recently had rotator cuff surgery, and my ONLY thing I NEEDED to be able to do still was golf. Didn't care about beer softball, or hockey, or any of that crap...just that I could swing the stix.)

Excellent post!!!!! Too bad you're done, but all is not lost: you got golf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Excellent post, sir. Perhaps it's time to cruise into your golden years crushing some youngsters on two wheels at local group rides and races. I also read the title and thought, 'where is this Vaya con Dios Triathlon?', hah!

As for the ankle, have you thought about checking out a thorough sports rehab place? My neck and back have been killing me for > 1 yr now, and some bulges/ruptures were noted on the MRI but nothing that really explains my symptoms. The orthopedist and therapist really didn't offer me any relief or help and it was really frustrating. I've only been seeing this current DC for 1.5 weeks now, and already I'm off muscle relaxers and am optimistic about being 100% pain free soon.

Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"OP will un retire in 8 months"

my thoughts exactly ;-)

but i think you and i should put on the vaya con dios triathlon, in his honor, and for his return.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [patricio2626] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patricio2626 wrote:
Excellent post, sir. Perhaps it's time to cruise into your golden years crushing some youngsters on two wheels at local group rides and races. I also read the title and thought, 'where is this Vaya con Dios Triathlon?', hah!

My friends and I are looking at a new triathlon in 2017/2018 to do and I clicked on this post to see where the "Vaya con Dios Triathlon" is located, as well. hahahah!

to the OP...I hope you continue to post on ST. First thread I've read by you, but I enjoy your writing style. This was really well done. Good luck with filling the void...I hope you adjust well. and those swim times are unbelievable to me...brag all you want..those are awesome.
Last edited by: znerd: Sep 20, 16 10:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I expect a post at least that long when you pull a Favre and un-retire. In the meantime, Vaya con Dios DTC and thanks for all the fish...

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"
but i think you and i should put on the vaya con dios triathlon, in his honor, and for his return.

That's tempting. Could be the fastest un-retirement ever. Wait, I would lose the O/U again. Argh.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [znerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
znerd wrote:
patricio2626 wrote:
and those swim times are unbelievable to me...brag all you want..those are awesome.

Its all relative. On my college team, which was quite good back in the day (Shout out to Shippensburg University) I was about the 12th best 100 Freestyler, the 6th or 7th best Flyer, and about the 5 or 6th best breaststroker (which was supposed to be my "signature event"). Which is why I never even sniffed the post-season. But I had great time.

But, yes you are quite right. I could and still can smoke most of you in the water....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well played Mr Closs! Can't believe you beat me into retirement. We'll have to catch up over a game of golf one day. You will, of course, let me cheat lots. My best days, I shoot a 77...on the front 9.

And don't give up on that ankle. When there's a will, there's a way.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [dgriesbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Can't believe you beat me into retirement."

no... way... in... the... world you are retiring from multisport. aint never gonna happen.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [dgriesbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgriesbauer wrote:
Well played Mr Closs! Can't believe you beat me into retirement. We'll have to catch up over a game of golf one day. You will, of course, let me cheat lots. My best days, I shoot a 77...on the front 9.

all those who retire in sport go the route of golf.

triathlon is a lifestyle sport, its you know, functional....

you can swim to save someones life who is drowning, or attempt to retrieve something sinking, etc.

you can bike to the store for groceries

you can try to out run some animal trying to bite you.

golf... what the hell can you do with that skill?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good on its own, and it beats the hell out of the cerveloapple retirement thread

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
dgriesbauer wrote:

all those who retire in sport go the route of golf.

golf... what the hell can you do with that skill?

I think initially it is some sort of self-punishment.

But as it is pretty much a ticket to get fat and disgusting.... it is also a great way to make sure that you want to go back to Multisport sooner than later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 "Let me repeat, my wife bought us a beach house. (Backdoor brag #2). So “F OFF” to the rest of you."

...just perfect. you could've dropped the mic after that. thanks for sharing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great post! I think we probably swam together with Don & Spencer 'back in the day'. That was my 1st year in triathlon, and because of those workouts (swimming in fear of my life with you guys) I came out of the water in 58min at my first IM (IMLP, 2005).

And to add on to the other folks that are saying "don't give up", I came back from open heart surgery last year to race IMLP (very, very slowly) 10 months after surgery. Anything is possible. ;)

gbassett.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello DTC and All,

Good luck in retirement ....

https://pvcycling.wordpress.com/...-have-they-all-gone/

........ he said in sotto voce 'Aquabike' ........

And regardless ..... hopefully you will still post here .....

Welcome Back Mr. DTC

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Vaya Con Dios Triathlon [delmosports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
..just perfect. you could've dropped the mic after that. thanks for sharing

Indeed, that was Massive!

Perfect way to ride off into the sunset! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does a Jersey boy wind up at Ship? Can't be many out-of-state students there.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for an entertaining read. As a single sport guy, I wish your the best in your transition. Cycling rawks!

And, did you just call your wife fat and/or ugly?! :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to resurrect one of the best ST threads ever to check on our friend. If you are still lurking please log on and let us know how the last year has treated you. Hopefully you have entered at least one race to keep your "career" alive. As for myself I have my one and only race of the year on October 1st that will keep my streak of at least one race a year since 1988.
Come out of hiding buddy and say hi.

Trav

Quote | Reply
DTC wrote:

(13) Big fan of Al Trautwig. My favorite NBC telecast was the year they used music from Explosions in the Sky. That’s how I discovered them. Great band.

This is all I need to see to know you're a good guy. Enjoy retirement, and go see a few concerts.

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply

Prev Next