Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bridgegate opening statements
Quote | Reply
Defense said Gov. Christie knew about the lane closings while they were happening (not in opening statements (yet)).

Prosecutors say Gov. Christie knew about the lane closings while they were happening (as part of opening statements).

Gov. Christie has said all along that he didn't know about them.

What's the fat man's response to this? Can I assume that the prosecutors wouldn't say this unless they had evidence to back it up?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Bridgegate opening statements [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Defense said Gov. Christie knew about the lane closings while they were happening (not in opening statements (yet)).

Prosecutors say Gov. Christie knew about the lane closings while they were happening (as part of opening statements).

What's the fat man's response to this? Can I assume that the prosecutors wouldn't say this unless they had evidence to back it up?

Once Christie becomes Trump's Attorney General who is going to care?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's former deputy chief of staff was sentenced on Wednesday to 18 months in prison for her role in the George Washington Bridge lane closures.

Bridget Anne Kelly, a single mother of four who spent most of her career as a low-level political operative before reaching the governor’s office, was convicted in November following a dramatic, six-week trial in federal court.

Damn.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Bridgegate opening statements [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
klehner wrote:

Once Christie becomes Trump's Attorney General who is going to care?

Isn't it obvious...klehner!
Quote Reply
Re: Bridgegate opening statements [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Quote:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's former deputy chief of staff was sentenced on Wednesday to 18 months in prison for her role in the George Washington Bridge lane closures.

Bridget Anne Kelly, a single mother of four who spent most of her career as a low-level political operative before reaching the governor’s office, was convicted in November following a dramatic, six-week trial in federal court.

Damn.

Baroni got two years.

What the convicted's personal situation has to do with the severity of the punishment is beyond my understanding. Perhaps Kelly should have thought "gee, I might have to go to prison if I do this" before she committed her crime.

The real crime is Christie skating.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That it is. But it is New Jersey.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The real crime is Christie skating.

A miracle on ice.
Quote Reply