Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fabric Tri saddle?
Quote | Reply
I am on lookout for a new saddle. Does anyone have experience with this saddle.
If it works then it is a fine price.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mebwessel wrote:
I am on lookout for a new saddle. Does anyone have experience with this saddle.
If it works then it is a fine price.

Yep, it's great. Used it for 10s, 25s and a half. No discomfort issues, fits in-between a road saddle and a cut off one. Useful tri features such as the rear bottle mount and rack friendly.

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best saddle I've tried no question. Fit at the front is close to that of the Cobb V-Plus but without the 'humps' and point. slopes back a bit like the sitero but has more padding.

Plus you get a bottle holder and the area at the back will fit a tube stuffed between the rails.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [JTNero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, thanks for the help. I think I will give it a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mebwessel wrote:
Perfect, thanks for the help. I think I will give it a try.

Anybody else have some more time on this saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just purchased one online and will let you know what I think after I put some miles on it.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [Ski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had an Adamo Attack. Hated it. It got stolen and have just replaced it with a fabric. Just one TT so far and It was comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put one on my tri bike but haven't put enough time in on it yet. From the limited time I have used it on the trainer for initial setup and tweaking the positioning, it feels great and the construction is quality. As mentioned above, the bottle mount is a nice touch.

I also put a Fabric Scoop on my road bike and have put more time in on that, and love it. Just the right amount of flex and padding that Goldilocks would approve of.

I got both saddles from Probikekit when they were running a 25% off promo on Fabric products (also got some of their Hex bar tape, which is excellent), so it may be worth keeping an eye out for similar deals.
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Mar 26, 17 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btw, I think fabric is an offshoot of cannondale. Your local cannondale dealer should be able to order one. My LBS hadn't heard of Fabric but since they carried cannondale they could order one for me. $80 well spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive been using one for about a year now. Its great. The hook on the back of the saddle works really well in T1 and for bottles.

For long course and long training rides, I bout a cheap two bottle adapter. Its designed for putting two bottles on a single frame mount, however with a couple of washers, works great on the back of the fabric tri saddle with minimal fuss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any users have more feedback on this after some more time using it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, been using this sadle for the last 18 months (after having tried an ISM Adamo, which I didn't like).

The Fabric for me is perfect. I used it in all my races, from 1/4 till 140.6. I really like that is more narrow at the point than some other Tri-sadles (no rubbing/chafing). Of course, after 180km I start to feel my butt, but I guess I can't really blame the sadle :) It however does not have the most padding at the pointy end (which does on the other hand helps with the not rubbing/chafing I guess). Next to the comfort, the price is a big benefit :)

The Tri-hook to hang the bike in T1 --> depends on the racks being used. Sometimes it fits, sometimes it doesnt (if diameter of rack is too large).

The option to mount a bottle-cage is great. I use 1 bottle-cage for 1/4 (it holds my spares) and 2 bottle-case (with adapter) for longer races (1 bottle with spares and 1 bottle with liquid).

Don't think any sadle can beat the Fabric on price/quality. Just try to see if it fits you :)
Last edited by: Cnasta: Aug 9, 17 1:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just built a new bike and thought I'd try one of the short style saddles... saw this one and for the price thought I'd give it a try.

So far I really like it, comfortable, nose hangs well on transition racks, rear bottle holder built into the design is a big plus...especially after I put a Gorilla cage on it.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What i really like is the option of adding hydration to the back, by simply swapping the end of the saddle.
When rear bottle option is added, you also have the best option to hang your bike "behind" the saddle on the rack.
For me running the fabric on a Felt DA size 56, i experienced the rear bottles sometime stick really high (on different systems) so i got stuck with my bike behind the rack. Which on a sprint, hunting for the podium are seconds i don't want to lose...
If possible alway hang between rear bottle and saddle :)

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can those who are using it speak to what part of the saddle you're sitting on? Someone in another thread, maybe earlier in this one, said it was like a cross in between a traditional saddle and a noseless. I took some measurements and it looks like upfront it's narrower than ISMs, but is it feasible to sit on the front end of this one?
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders[b wrote:
]Had an Adamo Attack. Hated it. It got stolen[/b] and have just replaced it with a fabric. Just one TT so far and It was comfortable.

Wait, what? How did someone steal your bike seat? There's your T1 tampering run amok!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Can those who are using it speak to what part of the saddle you're sitting on? Someone in another thread, maybe earlier in this one, said it was like a cross in between a traditional saddle and a noseless. I took some measurements and it looks like upfront it's narrower than ISMs, but is it feasible to sit on the front end of this one?

Yes, I can confirm A) that it is/feels indeed narrower than a lot of other tri-specific saddles and B) that you can sit on the front/nose of the saddle.

Concerning B: I sit on the front end of the saddle about 80% of the time. Just sliding back when climbing and/or to change position every now and than (and bit because my saddle can't move more forward and my pads can't move more backwards) :)
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone measure the width at the nose and maybe a few cm back from the tip?
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anyone comment on the amount of padding on the fabric tri saddle? ive read it's rather firm, but im on a sitero right now and thats supposed to be very firm as well. is it as firm as sitero? is it slightly more padded?
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle is very firm but comfy enough for long rides
Have not tried out the sitero so cant comment on that, overall saddle is great value for the money + the rear mount is awesome
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
Can anyone measure the width at the nose and maybe a few cm back from the tip?

That's harder than it sounds because of the curves. I'd say it's slightly under 50mm at the first bit of the nose that is close to horizontal. Then it gets gradually wider. So at, for instance, 5 cm back it's about 55mm wide. I'd have to find my calipers to be more accurate. Happy to mark up a screenshot if you think that would help?

I really like the firmness of it. Certainly not hard and it never feels like you use up all the give and are sitting on something solid.

I'm not sure it's my perfect saddle but it is a very good one. I'm experimenting with position at the moment and I needed something to try. At the moment my bike geometry and position are the limitations rather than the saddle itself.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fabric Tri is close to 45 mm wide at the tip and 55 mm wide about 5 cm back. Padding is very stiff.

I have narrow sit bones and big thighs. Had no problem with thighs chafing or leg going numb that I had from the Adamo attack that I found too wide for me. I could also get positioned over the front - just like an Adamo. However, I could never find a comfortable place for my sitbones. They just hurt like heck and I would keep shifting back and forth, tried a few different angles but no improvement. Seems that every cutout saddle I've ever tried gives me discomfort - creates pressure points and pain. This was less so for competitive TTs, where I'm going all out at threshold or above and lifting myself out of the saddle with much less pressure, but I simply couldn't train on it and found myself dreading the thought of riding it. So I've taken it off and replaced it with an old Vision Aeromax that I picked up for $20. At an angle of 2-3 degrees the Vision works reasonably well, maybe a little too much padding - I'm considering cutting off the padding at the front to give a bit more space.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was glad to see your post,as I have the same dilemma as you. I have found that I need a narrower nose (by feel I am guessing < 52 mm or so), and am currently trying cobb's new tenace. Still, much to my frustration, I cannot stay in one position very long, due to pain. I am next going to try a koobi sprint 232 saddle, as it is koobi's softest version. Geez. Hope u find a solution, as well.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been riding the ISM PN 1.1 and wanted to try something different. Picked up the Fabric tri saddle....it is really firm and I feel it much more during trainer rides vs outside. Longest outside ride has been 40 miles and didn't have any noticeable issues. The ISM is softer but I appreciate the narrow nose of the Fabric. Still adjusting the tilt to see if I can find a more comfortable position. The height from the rails to saddle top is much lower than the ISM so I had to raise the saddle when mounting the fabric.
Quote Reply
Re: fabric Tri saddle? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Moved from an ISM racing, to an ISM PR 2.0, to a Fabric and back to ISM racing. Honestly, all three work for me but the racing ISM's seem to work a little bit better. The fabric felt amazing initially, but longer ride comfort was better for me on the ISM's. It definitely feels narrower in the nose, to me.

If anyone is interested in the fabric, it should have no more than 15-20 trainer rides.
Quote Reply