Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [FeketeBlob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FeketeBlob wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:
Right. As Tyler Hamiton wrote in The Secret Race that Michele Ferrari was more obsessed with weight than he was with PEDs. Kilos first, watts second.

To turn a donkey into a race horse, you do indeed need a Michele Ferrari, a highly trained doctor with a phenomenal understanding of human physiology and biochemistry. So why are some of the bozos on this thread talking about Sean Yates FFS??!! Yates was a tremendous domestique and technically (and tactically) a superb cyclist, born in 1960, a member of Lemond's generation, not the EPO era... It is almost beyond parody.

Here's a picture of Yates with Motoman, the guy that used to deliver Lance's blood bags all over France during the Tour:

Sean Yates is a dude with intimate knowledge on how high-level doping works and was involved in it for decades.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that pretty much wraps it up then, she must be guilty. It was bad enough that she was using an asthma inhaler and possibly exchanging a few emails with a coach who may have once popped some pills back in the 80s, but now it turns out that she's lost weight as well, a well-known strategy of renowned doping doctor Ferrari. Let's lock her up and throw away the key.

</pink font>, just in case anybody wasn't sure.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Jordan45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan45 wrote:

Sean Yates is a dude with intimate knowledge on how high-level doping works and was involved in it for decades.

Even when he was working as a gardener?
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [FeketeBlob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FeketeBlob wrote:
Jordan45 wrote:

Even when he was working as a gardener?

Was he Linda McCartney's gardener??? Mate, stop with the smoke-screen, it's getting tiresome.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Jordan45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think that Sean Yates dopes athletes?
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
Here's a conspiracy theory for you-- good thing people have never taken drugs to cut weight, lean out and stay powerful....

And that honestly has nothing to do with her but it's been a pretty common practice amongst cyclist.

Not at all naive about PED use or condone it any way shape or form. But where this all falls apart is when people make unverified accusations about a specific individual without any proof, it pretty quickly can become a guilty until proven innocent witch hunt. In this case aspersions were cast on her due to an association with a coach which it now appears doesn't even exist.

A good cause -- the crusade against doping -- isn't justification for the ends justify the means knee jerk reaction of accusing anyone that has a excellent performance of being a doper.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
Here's a conspiracy theory for you-- good thing people have never taken drugs to cut weight, lean out and stay powerful....

And that honestly has nothing to do with her but it's been a pretty common practice amongst cyclist.

Cody Beals posted this on Twitter:
Dismaying stats from my 3 yr #triathlon career:
15x IM 70.3 top-5
10x top-3
3x Win
1x in-comp urine test
0x out-comp or blood tests

Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffips wrote:
mungub50 wrote:

15x IM 70.3 top-5
10x top-3
3x Win
1x in-comp urine test

My response to him there (and here) if pros get tested in this fashion, any hope of a clean AG race is a pipe dream.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
logella wrote:
She did not have an inhaler at Worlds. It was the GPS unit. If you bothered to watch the race you'd have clearly seen that as well as her handing it off to a volunteer/official after she crossed the line.

Negative.
The gps device is that at the top of her trisuit.
The inhaler is the bigger tube device below the gps unit.

http://cdn.triathlon.competitor.com/files/2016/09/Holly-Lawrence-320x213.jpeg

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/480/cpsprodpb/BF88/production/_91023094_gettyimages-598991402.jpg

https://twitter.com/pstriathlon/status/773281043323289600

Sorry. None of the above. The device was a pepper spray. She is beautful and hot...so..She is constantly besieged by perverts.

Hopefully it's all hearsay and a few of us have jumped on bandwagon.
But the recent pic at Beijing would tend to prove otherwise.

Allegedly some folks saw her remove the inhaler post worlds finish line.

Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffips wrote:
mungub50 wrote:

15x IM 70.3 top-5
10x top-3
3x Win
1x in-comp urine test

Racing cat 1/2 has more drug testing, seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Jim Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim Martin wrote:
ffips wrote:
mungub50 wrote:

15x IM 70.3 top-5
10x top-3
3x Win
1x in-comp urine test

My response to him there (and here) if pros get tested in this fashion, any hope of a clean AG race is a pipe dream.

I was told by a team doc, that the record in testing is 4x in 24hour : Nibali at the TDF.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many tests were done at Nice and LP at the weekend.?

Lets say its 1% of 2k

Statistically its a safe bet if you are mid twenties and race till mid 50's or later once or twice per year at that distance that you never get pulled for a test

There are people in the 40+ field who fall in to different categories; one and done, multiple finishers and in both instances there will be guys on T supplements (between marriages or for other reasons ;)) and some will have done it for entirely non tri related reasons in ignorance and others for more nefarious reasons

The field is dirty
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted about this earlier.

I was the first AG finisher at 70.3 St. George (not the fastest).

My prize- was that I got an expense paid trip to a secret suite, where I was drugged tested.
One of the perks of this prize was that Alistair Brownlee, Holly Lawrence, Brent McMahon and others were there as well.

I got to meet many of my triathlon idols.
I was entertained by their amazing triathlon stories. I was allowed to gaze upon the unspeakable beauty of Holly Lawrence.

I was also given a plethora of soda, water and juice. (It is as if I was being encouraged to pee).

So:
1) I didn't actually see Holly Lawrence pee. (That might have been a little ackward). But I strongly suspect Holly was tested this year at 70.3 St George?
2) Holly is beautiful.
3) BTW (Holly if you are reading this- I apologize for starring to much. I was dehydrated and a little incoherent. Remember it took me for ever to pee).
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going by her instagram account (stories), she's being tested about once every week or two lately seems like.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

I was told by a team doc, that the record in testing is 4x in 24hour : Nibali at the TDF.

That's pretty good. Closest I ever came was 4x in 72 hours when I was swimming, and I didn't break any world records and or win medals. I'm sure Phelps/Ledecky/Locthe, etc were/are on that every 6 hour (!!) range frequently.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Going by her instagram account (stories), she's being tested about once every week or two lately seems like.

Exactly. She did a lot of tests. Her performance is impressive, but Holly didn't come out of the blue. She always had a strong swin-bike combo.

This tread completely lost its purpose. Trial by internet is not fair.

She is an amazing athlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next