Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sleep monitoring with garmin [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Settings > Activity Tracking > Go to Sleep

I usually just edit my sleep and wake time in the Connect App. I charge my watch in the morning while taking a shower and it always thinks I am sleeping.

Old thread but reviving:

I never put my 920 in sleep mode but it always tracked it until Sun night-now it has stopped "auto" tracking it...any ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep monitoring with garmin [ezel04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever since I got a 920, I have been tracking my sleep. I do have to edit the start time as it's not uncommon for me to read or even watch a movie on my iPad before I decide to sleep, but it's fairly accurate when I wake up. I don't sleep much more than 6 hours/night and seem to get a significant amount of deep sleep which is probably why I function so well on so little sleep. Since I got a Fenix 5, I now get to see my HR while sleeping. Interesting how much it changes even when I thought I slept deep throughout the night.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep monitoring with garmin [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pots4 wrote:
torrey wrote:
Settings > Activity Tracking > Go to Sleep

I usually just edit my sleep and wake time in the Connect App. I charge my watch in the morning while taking a shower and it always thinks I am sleeping.

Old thread but reviving:

I never put my 920 in sleep mode but it always tracked it until Sun night-now it has stopped "auto" tracking it...any ideas?

Thanks

I've never used sleep mode(Fenix 3).

I'm curious as to whether any of this means anything without the heart rate info.

Quote | Reply

Last 7 days I averaged 6h 22m sleep time with only 1h 33min deep sleep. Seriously need to work on that.
Marathon training just started for me and usually start my run at about 4:30am. I think if I got 3-4 hours of deep sleep
I would feel much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep monitoring with garmin [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm at 1:30-2 hrs deep. When I think I slept great, never fails it's 1:45 total.

I'm starting to use the sleep data to my advantage and we'll see how it works. Watch was telling me I would hit deep sleep right away, then light all night, until right about 4:30am, then I would go back into deep sleep. You can imagine how tough it was to wake up at 445, never understood why when I joined the gym 10 min from my house I couldn't get up anymore. Well, the old gym, I'd be up at 420 to make the drive over.

Just need to figure out what to do for the extra 25 min without pissing the wife off, but we will see how the motivation tracks with catching my body before I fall back into deep sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't pay much attention to this but I looked at it to see what it says.....

It tells me that over the last seven days I have averaged 8:04 of sleep per night. It also tells me that I have averaged 7:29 of deep sleep and :27 of light sleep and :07 of being awake.

I don't think that can be right but my wife claims that I am a world-champion caliber sleeper. I close my eyes and I am asleep in about 30 seconds. It makes her mad sometimes because she will want to talk to me about something and I am already dead to the world. I wake up at 4:00 AM almost every day (in exactly the same position I was in when I fell asleep) to pee and let the dogs out for five minutes. I'm back asleep in seconds and get up at 5:30 for work.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getting roughly 50/50 sleep...
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep monitoring with garmin [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to see how a 50/50 felt. I'm been wearing mine on and off over the past months and my longest deep is 4 hours but usually I'm right at 3 hours. I asked some friends who don't train but have just FitBits and they said that 2-3 hours is pretty normal/average. You have to physically get out of bed for the "awake" to be tracked as I've laid in bed at 2am til about 3:30 being basically awake trying to get back to sleep and it only showed as light sleep.

Overall, I figure its a lot like a body fat scale. You can use it as a tool to keep an idea of what's going on but don't get to caught in the details.
Quote Reply

Prev Next