Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [beastofbourbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Knowing what Mdot contracts look like, how did Milkman come to exist in the first place except in cahoots with WTC to become a branded race ASAP? Or is the IMMOO contract old enough not to have such broad exclusivity requirements? (Read the Santa Rosa contract that's linked in another thread... and if it was brought before the town/city council, it's public record and thus absolutely our business)

Nailed it.

The people that put on milkman are the same people that are the boots on the ground folks at IMWI. It's pretty easy to see the writing on the wall, in fact I heard from several sources that milkman was going to be a WTC race in 2017 months prior to the race actually happening.
Quote Reply
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott, did you race the Milkman? Compare the roads to Racine? Looking for an early summer HIM but want to spare the crotch the usual Racine-style abuse.
Quote Reply
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't do it, so I really don't know.
Quote Reply
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a portion the course is not really rider friendly for training, the part on MM. While speed limit is 35-50, cars tend to go 55-70 and there are a few of them. I've ridden up MM twice in the last year. Did not enjoy either time, it was just the shortest route to Oregon from my house. You have to go through the CTH B T-intersection with MM which does tend to have a lot of traffic, likely to become hostile traffic once riders start riding the course through the year and not likely to wait for cyclists as they turn left from B to MM to get to Oregon. CTH B is a cut through route from US 51(McFarland/Stoton) to Oregon. Other wise the route does not have that much traffic to deal with, in general. If you are going to ride the multiuse trail in trainng, get a pass to use it. The DNR is out on occasion and they will cite you if you don't have one. I am sure it will become more of a sting as they realize how many more folks are riding on it.

CTH A is(about have of it you ride on anyway) rough beat up road that has been chip sealed over the top of said rough beat up road. Observatory to PB(rough)PB to 69, Decent enough. 69 to D rough again. I think they reduced the climbing with this variant from last year, but don't quote me on that.
Quote Reply
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am confused on the portion of the course heading west on A to Paoli. Do you make a right onto D then onto Storytown Rd?
Quote Reply
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [gilabruce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you make a right onto storytown and then a left onto D if I read that map correctly
Quote Reply
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode the new course yesterday and wow, the new sections on County Hwy A are really bad. Not the section of the loop after Observatory Hill Rd, but the sections to the loop that you do twice and total about 9 miles of really rough roads. I did not do Milkman last year so can't comment on if this is an improvement over Lincoln.

For reference, done Racine multiple times and have felt that comments about road quality are overblown (Main St is bad but tolerable); IMWI old course the road by the quarry is bad but short and at times can find sides of the road that aren't as bad; IMWI 2016 new course some bumpy sections with spaced out cracks that are tolerable. There was little relief on CTH Hwy A. My views may have also been tainted by having to check for traffic often as there is no shoulder (except going east up the larger hill) and while there was little traffic they were moving at high speeds. Your words of caution about training on MM were appropriate but there was a shoulder and it was a relatively short section. In training be careful on A.
Quote Reply
Re: To no one's surprise...IRONMAN ANNOUNCES NEW IRONMAN 70.3 WISCONSIN EVENT IN MADISON [gilabruce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the A section on loop is bad too, right after Observ.

MM, while short, much busier road. A always feels safer than MM when riding

I am sure folks will enjoy come race day with their adrenaline pumping
Quote Reply

Prev Next