Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mets sign Tebow [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:
He's moving on up.

Those aren't numbers that usually lead to a promotion.

No, they are not. If I were playing well in low A and he got what should be my promotion, I'd be pissed.

He might spike attendance in St. Lucie to over 2,000 [and the associated concession sales], but not for long

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
He's moving on up.

The New York Mets are promoting Tim Tebow from low-A ball to St. Lucie of the high-A Florida State League.
He batted .222 with three home runs, 23 RBIs, a .311 on-base percentage and a .340 slugging percentage with 69 strikeouts and 23 walks in 212 at-bats for the Columbia Fireflies. Those aren't numbers that usually lead to a promotion.

"But Tebow has recently improved, (General Manager Sandy) Alderson said, in areas such as power, on-base percentage and exit velocity. So he will join the Class A Advanced St. Lucie Mets, in Port St. Lucie, Fla."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They must have to stretch to find areas he has improved in and he best they could do was "power, on-base percentage and exit velocity."

I can only guess things like Hits, RBIs, HR etc didn't tell the story they wanted.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were we/I wrong?

The homer gave Tebow an 11-game hitting streak. Heā€™s now batting .327 with three homers and 10 RBI in 16 games since being promoted to the Florida State League.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if he stopped taking all those thyroid pills that Salazar is handing out .

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much long can the Tebow experience continue? 30 years old and in AA. I think the novelty has worn off, K% is well north of 40%, power isn't there.

He had a stretch last summer that it looked like he was making a jump. But since mid-July 2017 to now he has been pretty consistently not good.

I give him credit for really making a go at it and not treating it just as a stunt. He took it much more seriously than I thought he would and stuck with it much longer than I anticipated.

But his only real use now is as a ringer in the team flag football game.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/players/8932/tim-tebow/
AVG - .242
AB - 165
H - 40
2B - 7
3B - 1
HR - 4
BB - 18
K - 73
OBP - .330
SLG - .370
OPS - .699

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
18 walks, 74 SO, 4 HR.

That says it all.

Swings like a slugger but doesn't slug.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tebow, 32, hit .163 with a .495 OPS in 77 games with Triple-A Syracuse last season.

But, "However, Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen expects Tebow to start spring training on time in 2020, according to the New York Post."

If I had a bunch of money in the bank I could think of worse ways to spend the summer than playing baseball, no matter how bad I hit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Tebow, 32, hit .163 with a .495 OPS in 77 games with Triple-A Syracuse last season.

But, "However, Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen expects Tebow to start spring training on time in 2020, according to the New York Post."

If I had a bunch of money in the bank I could think of worse ways to spend the summer than playing baseball, no matter how bad I hit.

I guess he puts enough bums in the seats to make it worthwhile for the team. I wouldnā€™t pay to watch him. My schadenfreude is not that strong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

With those stats he could start for their MLB club. I'm a Mets fan. We suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bum at the plate to put bums in the seats. Hmmm....

(and it it doesn't translate well to Canadian, a bum is a dirty homeless man and often what people used to yell at bad players. "You're a bum!")

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
A bum at the plate to put bums in the seats. Hmmm....

(and it it doesn't translate well to Canadian, a bum is a dirty homeless man and often what people used to yell at bad players. "You're a bum!")

You do know that we speak English up here right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give the guy credit. Heā€™s no Danny Ainge, but at least he stuck to it for a few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Exactly. The guy is just having some fun doing something he likes. Heā€™s a multi-millionaire, seems like a good dude, articulate, and blessed with good looks. He has a lucrative broadcasting career whenever he wants it. Bonus that heā€™s about to marry a former Miss Universe.

99.9% of us wish we were Tim Tebow. šŸ˜

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
j p o wrote:

Exactly. The guy is just having some fun doing something he likes. Heā€™s a multi-millionaire, seems like a good dude, articulate, and blessed with good looks. He has a lucrative broadcasting career whenever he wants it. Bonus that heā€™s about to marry a former Miss Universe.

Counterpoint: heā€™s an obnoxious fundamentalist whack-job taking up a roster spot for his hobby better used for a real baseball player that doesnā€™t already have millions of dollars in the bank. Bonus that heā€™s about to marry a former Ms. Universe so he can finally have sex at age 32 since his former fiancĆ© dumped him after realizing that adult abstinence was ridiculous.

99.9 % of us do not want to be Tim Tebow.
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
I'm a Mets fan. We suck.

I know how you feel

I don't follow Major League Baseball. I'm a Phillies fan

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Mets sign Tebow [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
j p o wrote:

My opinion of Tebow has softened a lot over the last couple years. He has given this a serious go. There seems to be a lot more humility out of him now than when he was playing football. And he has shown that he is at ease poking fun at himself. He and I will most likely never agree on religion but he seems like a decent guy having fun doing what he wants.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Retired.

The end.

Quote Reply

Prev Next