Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I think this is a tough one, because people post internet photos of people without their permission all the time. The lines of where an actual legal expectation of privacy exist and where it doesn't is getting more and more blurred in people's minds.

I don't think any of that is all that blurry. You can't take naked pictures of someone in a shower without their knowledge and post them online. Seems pretty straightforward.

I wouldn't expect any real jail time, either, but I think prosecution is definitely warranted. If you're right that this line is getting blurred in people's minds, all the more reason to remind them there's still a line.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
This went right over people's heads

Yep. It sure did. Too bad b/c it was pretty clever, especially for a guy who spends 23 1/2 hours a day with Trump's balls in his mouth.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Huh.

I guess I don't agree with you that it's irrational to want this women prosecuted. I think her victim was violated in a real way. It merits prosecution.

I think this is a tough one, because people post internet photos of people without their permission all the time. The lines of where an actual legal expectation of privacy exist and where it doesn't is getting more and more blurred in people's minds.

Prosecution seems reasonable to me, but I wouldnt expect to see much more than a fine come out of it.

True. But when the person is naked, it becomes a crime (depending on jurisdiction).

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Huh.

I guess I don't agree with you that it's irrational to want this women prosecuted. I think her victim was violated in a real way. It merits prosecution.

Prosecution seems reasonable to me, but I wouldnt expect to see much more than a fine come out of it.

True. But when the person is naked, it becomes a crime (depending on jurisdiction).

Yeah, I'm not talking about blurry lines legally, so much as socially. Cameras are ubiquitous, and people (especially younger people) increasingly do not think of privacy when they're clicking away on their smart phones. They just assume they can take selfies, pictures of other people, etc at anytime and place, and share them with the world.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
In this case, she has been punished pretty harshly. Every time her name is mentioned in the media from now one she will be Dani Mathers, you will know her as the playmate that bodyshamed someone on the internet.

If this was someone like Taylor Swift, then this would be water off a ducks back. Next big song she releases the story is dead. For this chick? She'll be forever known as the body shaming chick.

I think that is punishment enough. You may disagree.

And that same media exposure (which she solicits) will bring pressure on the prosecutor to pursue the case. And that is good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it. Yep, I agree.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stuff like this makes me a lot more sympathetic to veils.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Yep. It sure did. Too bad b/c it was pretty clever, especially for a guy who spends 23 1/2 hours a day with Trump's balls in his mouth.

Ha! I actually snorted at that one.

Not directed at you, but if that picture had been taken by a man and posted online would the interest in prosecution be different? Barring the part about him being in the locker room for a moment, just the part about taking the picture and posting it.

Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It took them 6 months to identify her. Nobody knew who it was. That's hardly a serious violation.

Why bother tracking her down in the first place?
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
BLeP wrote:
It took them 6 months to identify her. Nobody knew who it was. That's hardly a serious violation.

Well, you cannot bring charges if you don't have a victim who can establish she actually exists and did not consent to the photo and/or publication.

Now, if your question is - why bother b/c if she never filed a complaint? Well, I think it is quite possible the woman never knew she was being photographed or had it published.

Assume someone sets up a camera in a store changing room, gets naked pics of 10 women, and posts them on the internet. If none of the women know this has been done, is it still a crime? If none of them came forward to complain, should the police bother to investigate and track them down?

Last edited by: JSA: Sep 8, 16 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Huh.

How?

Didn't you just say you'd be super upset if it was your wife? Nobody knows what she looks like, either. Why would it upset you then, if it's hardly serious as long as she's essentially anonymous??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Not really sure it's nonsense. She did take a naked picture of someone without that person's knowledge and posted it on the internet. You don't think that merits prosecution?

I think that she broke a law. I don't think that every single time someone breaks a law they should be prosecuted.

In this case, she has been punished pretty harshly. Every time her name is mentioned in the media from now one she will be Dani Mathers, you will know her as the playmate that bodyshamed someone on the internet.

If this was someone like Taylor Swift, then this would be water off a ducks back. Next big song she releases the story is dead. For this chick? She'll be forever known as the body shaming chick.

I think that is punishment enough.

Possibly, yeah. I suppose, for me, it comes down to what type of person she is, is she really a callous, vacuous individual or was this just a momentary lapse of reason? There are plenty of animals out there that behave like this on a regular basis and get away with it. Is there anybody out there that disagrees? She has got a nice pair though.
Last edited by: zedzded: Sep 8, 16 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Perseus wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Well, you cannot bring charges if you don't have a victim who can establish she actually exists and did not consent to the photo and/or publication.

Now, if your question is - why bother b/c if she never filed a complaint? Well, I think it is quite possible the woman never knew she was being photographed or had it published.

Assume someone sets up a camera in a store changing room, gets naked pics of 10 women, and posts them on the internet. If none of the women know this has been done, is it still a crime? If none of them came forward to complain, should the police bother to investigate and track them down?

I think they'd be happier not knowing.
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
BLeP wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Huh.

How?

Didn't you just say you'd be super upset if it was your wife? Nobody knows what she looks like, either. Why would it upset you then, if it's hardly serious as long as she's essentially anonymous??

I said that I would be irrationally upset.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

We all got it. It's just that when everything Duffy posts is along those lines, it's easy to ignore. Couldn't he have posted a meme instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

We all got it. It's just that when everything Duffy posts is along those lines, it's easy to ignore. Couldn't he have posted a meme instead.

I'm obviously not very bright as I didn't get it. Care to elaborate?
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Furiosa wrote:
http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/05/playmate-dani-mathers-police-investigation/

So the woman that Dani Mathers decided to victimize (accidentally, remember) has been identified and is understandably pretty pissed about the situation and wants to have sweet Ms Mathers feel the wrath of the law. I don't blame her.

She was careless but she didn't intend to break any laws.

Leave her alone.

Careless? She posted a naked picture of the poor woman and stuck it on the internet for all the world to see, deliberately humiliating her. She needs to be punished, at the very least so she learns you can't get away with being a cunt*. What a shallow, vacuous woman.

*Forgive my use of the C word, but there is no other word to describe her.

I'm sure she didn't do it "intending" to cause any harm.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

It's Duffy's daily (hourly?) Hillary zinger. Kind of a broken record already, w/ only 2 more months to go!
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
zedzded wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

It's Duffy's daily (hourly?) Hillary zinger. Kind of a broken record already, w/ only 2 more months (plus at least 4 years) to go!

FIFY.
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of you talk as if prosecutors are so righteous and moral and never "waste their time" with incidents like this. You're either uninformed or naĂ¯ve. Lots of folks get prosecuted for less than this.
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

I wouldn't expect any real jail time, either, but I think prosecution is definitely warranted.

Sentenced to "a month removing graffiti in Los Angeles" after she pleaded (pled?) no contest to an invasion of privacy charge.

http://www.npr.org/...shaming-woman-at-gym

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

I wouldn't expect any real jail time, either, but I think prosecution is definitely warranted.

Sentenced to "a month removing graffiti in Los Angeles" after she pleaded (pled?) no contest to an invasion of privacy charge.

http://www.npr.org/...shaming-woman-at-gym

And someone posted a bunch of naked pictures of her on the internet. Justice has been served (though I'd give her an extra month of community service for those bad after market boobs).

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Body-shaming playmate gets her due [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
zedzded wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

It's Duffy's daily (hourly?) Hillary zinger. Kind of a broken record already, w/ only 2 more months (plus at least 4 years) to go!

FIFY.

4 more years! 4 more years!
Quote Reply

Prev Next