Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What speed are you?
Quote | Reply
Lately I've been walking and talking more deliberately. For quite some time I've had this feeling that my pace was off, like I was rushing things. I don't normally talk fast, but I would find myself rushing into or out of conversations with people which of course makes everything superficial. There's a guy I work with who speaks too quick for me and half the shit he says goes over my head. I don't think that fast.
For a time I felt like I had to walk at a brisk pace because I felt like the clock was always ticking and I always had to get where I was going as quickly as possible.

Now I stroll more casually and everything seems to flow better for me. It feels more natural for me. That said, if I'm being chased by some homeless guy who wants to fling a plastic bag of his shit at me, I might pick up the pace a little. That's actually happened.

What's your speed? Are you a fast talker and walker? Have you experimented with finding a pace that fits you better even though it doesn't fit your environment?
I'm sure some of you have jobs and families that force you to go at breakneck speeds, luckily for me I don't have that, maybe occasionally at work. Maybe your too fucking slow and need to pick it or get out of the way!

I'm really trying to stick to speed limits as well and I find it interesting how I don't lose a whole lot of time during my commute when doing the limit or just a little over.
Last edited by: triathlung: Aug 31, 16 19:59
Quote Reply
Re: What speed are you? [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we'll let you rewrite this in the AM when you're sober
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can't keep up I'm really not interested

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take that shit to the tri forum?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: What speed are you? [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One beer. Damn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't talk when I walk. I walk quickly and defensively. If I do talk, it's quickly that's how I talk all the time. I usually screw up talking too. Definetly all related to each other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never figured out how to walk and talk at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimmy Johns.

Talk way to fast and people who talk slow drive me insane. Unless I'm out for a leisurely stroll for "Fun" I walk fast.

I also have an impossible task living in the moment. My mind is always doing what I will be doing 4-5 steps from now. This is not good.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For talking, it depends on where in the country I am. In the Midwest where I grew up, I'm the correct speed. In Massachusetts, I'm sometimes slow, even though I've lived here for over a decade, people cut me off midsentence all the time because they thought I was done speaking. When I was living in Florida people thought I talked like a pushy asshole Yankee on meth. Took me a couple weeks at my job to figure out people considered me rude if I didn't spend the first 5 minutes of any conversation chatting about family, the weather, Gator football prospects, and so on - and it was all done at this glacial pace, like the drawls couldn't move too fast or their words would start sweating.

Last edited by: wimsey: Sep 1, 16 7:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a fast walker, for which I make no apologies. I've got places to go and people to see. Get out the way, bitch!

I sometimes talk too fast, and often make a conscious effort to slow things down and be more clear and concise, especially at work.

I used to think both of those things were just my normal, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized im actually a very anxious person and both of the fast talking and walking somewhat reflect that.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i hate walking. i do it as slowly as possible.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excuse me, could you kindly get the fuck out of my way?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply